Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which "Cayman GT" do you like better?
The yellow one.
24.53%
The white one.
75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

which Cayman GT do you like better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I like the white one...wow...gotta get a Cayman S one of these days!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:14 PM
jdavis169 is infamous around these parts
White is insane!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Psypher is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by K-Man S
A little background is in order here.

I asked Ed not to post such a ridiculous "contest" or comparison on the PlanetPorsche.Net website, that there was no need to compare one person's car to another. Sadly, Ed is on some kind of ego trip so he posts the same question here. Rather than post "how do you like my Cayman?" he has to post a comparison to my car, so I get drug into this crap unwillingly. I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks of my car but me, if Ed likes his better than mine, great, if everyone in the world other than me likes his better than mine, great, doesn't matter to me one bit. Evidently, for Ed, it is some sort of challenge, or contest, or ego trip or meglomania to compare his car to mine. There are over 2000 registered Caymans on our site and of course Ed has to compare his to mine, not anyone else's. Should I be flattered? No, I think it is dumb.

With respect to the "GT" in the Cayman GT logo script on the side of my car, that was done for fun, since there is no Cayman GT from the factory, I made it up. If I had a Cayman and put Cayman "S" on my car then yes I'd be trying impersonate something that my car is not. I put GT on my car as an homage to the GT3, the 911 that I happen to like best. You'll note my front bumper and rear bumper are both GT3-style. Is the car a GT3? No. Is it faster than a stock GT3? On some tracks Yes. (Gives me a target to shoot for) So I slapped GT on the side again out of respect for the GT3 line of 911's which I personally like. I just don't want the engine in the rear. I don't pretend to have something that I don't, for example claiming that a car is an "X51" when it really only has the X51 manifold and not the entire X51 powerkit. Sort of like claiming that your car is a turbo when it only has the intercooler air duct!

Now, since Ed did not ask my persmission to post my copyrighted photos on this website, I must ask the admin/moderators here to pull the images down as I did not consent to their use on this website and certainly not for this purpose. Ed is free to "show off" his car, but he can do so without dragging me or my car into it.
I sir, respect you completely. You have an amazing car and the only reason I didn't pick your was due to color. I know that you do not care, but just putting it out there. I do however, as I said above, respect you greatly for posting the reason as to why you called it a Cayman GT. For this, kodos sir, kodos.

Psypher

Last edited by Psypher; 04-23-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Edit: Spelling
Old 04-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I don't see the harm comparing cars and I can't understand why anyone would take offense either.

I like the white one but the yellow one is great too.

Great cars and good thread.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:11 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by K-Man S
A little background is in order here.

I asked Ed not to post such a ridiculous "contest" or comparison on the PlanetPorsche.Net website, that there was no need to compare one person's car to another. Sadly, Ed is on some kind of ego trip so he posts the same question here. Rather than post "how do you like my Cayman?" he has to post a comparison to my car, so I get drug into this crap unwillingly. I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks of my car but me.
funny, you didnt think that last year when you won. I didnt think of this idea one of the caymanclub members came up with it last year. this was requested by other members, why does it bother you so much?
this actually makes it a fair forum, no homecourt advantage.
I never claimed to have the full X51 kit because there is none made for the 3.4, I always refer to my articles where it clearly explains X51 with softronic.
every mod I do you put down for some reason claiming it wont add power, even after a dyno proves it you still arent convinced.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Control It
I don't see the harm comparing cars and I can't understand why anyone would take offense either.

I like the white one but the yellow one is great too.

Great cars and good thread.
neither do, that is what car forums are about. plus this is a requested rematch, now on neutral ground. dont know why he is getting so upset, I was a great sportsman about it last year when I lost.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, Ed

Who took the photo of your Cayman S that includes the red car, lightposts, and gray skies, that is a cool shot.

BTW since the defeated party needed his photos removed maybe you can give us a few more pics of your Cayman S.

IMO it is great to see someone who has worked as hard and as smart as you have to put their mods together so that not only you the owner values your car but other do too and that is what truly makes you the winner.

Last edited by Slowcart; 04-23-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: add
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
I would've liked to see the yellow one as I'm partial to the color. But looks like Kman doesn't want others to see.. a little shy I guess?? who cares show your car. I want to see it. I can't "vote" til then.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:44 PM
CarlssonBenz is infamous around these parts
K-man shouldn't feel bad. Like I said earlier, it's just a preference poll. Go to the 1/4 mile drag strip to see who really has the faster Cayman!
That would actually be a great challenge to see!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:03 AM
KelvinC is infamous around these parts
Psypher, as hard as you're trying, I don't think your point is making its way across to the OP. Like you, I get somewhat distracted by the "GT" in the name...it immediately makes me think, was there a special edition that I missed?

I suppose there's nothing inherently harmful with adding a moniker to the Cayman name. It's your car, you can do as you please—it just might seem a little silly to some. Truthfully, even when car tuners do it to completely built cars (i.e. Ruf, Cargraphic, Novitec), I totally understand, it just throws me a bit.

That said, I feel a new model designation, like "GT" really should apply if the owner/tuner has built a car they feel worthy of the distinction. In this case, when I see the term "GT" next to "Cayman" I immediately think of the Cayman GTsport from Techart. I believe as a complete build, Techart put in the 911's 3.8, in addition to suspension, wheels, and obviously body mods. I understand that TechArt decided to "brand" this package with its own name—in the same way they did with the GTStreet, or Ruf does with its own manufactured cars (RGT, CTRs, etc.)

So to the OP, your car seems to be very nice. I don't think anyone is debating whether or not your car is fake in any of its performance or aesthetic qualities. But when you say to someone, "I drive a Cayman GT" especially to Porsche owners, most will probably be wondering what the hell a Cayman GT is.

But hey, maybe someone out there will make a sweet Cayman RS, or even better, race in ALMS in a custom Cayman RSR!

Old 04-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by KelvinC
But hey, maybe someone out there will make a sweet Cayman RS, or even better, race in ALMS in a custom Cayman RSR!
Its already been done (cayman rs, rsr, gtr, rsgt, etc.), as you probably know the techart Cayman GT and GTS are two different things. The GT has a powerkit which includes the X51 intake system, I actually have more mods and power than this kit provides, (this can be found under Cayman GTS upgrades on cec's website) This is why I consider my car a "GT" I basically did it myself instead of having a shop do it, the GTS is a 3.8 swap.

Last edited by porsched4ed; 04-27-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Banned
K-Man S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Slowcart
Hey, Ed

Who took the photo of your Cayman S that includes the red car, lightposts, and gray skies, that is a cool shot.

BTW since the defeated party needed his photos removed maybe you can give us a few more pics of your Cayman S.

IMO it is great to see someone who has worked as hard and as smart as you have to put their mods together so that not only you the owner values your car but other do too and that is what truly makes you the winner.
Pretty strong words from someone who was banned from the CaymanClub.Net and PlanetPorsche.Net websites for violating forum rules multiple times. Give it up Cliff, everyone knows who you are. You want to man up, bring your Cayman and let's go head to head.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Banned
K-Man S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CarlssonBenz
K-man shouldn't feel bad. Like I said earlier, it's just a preference poll. Go to the 1/4 mile drag strip to see who really has the faster Cayman!
That would actually be a great challenge to see!
I don't feel bad, I feel Ed's exercise is stupid. Why would we take our cars to a dragstrip? Why not a full road course? I'll gladly stack my car up against the white one any day any track. BTW at a dragstrip I would be faster, my car has more power and weighs less, I should be able to hand a monkey the keys and have it come out on top at a dragstrip.

Oh and if anyone wants to see hundreds of pics of my car all they have to do is visit (deleted by Admin) and browse my gallery, my articles, or my garage listing.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:10 AM
hooligan317 is infamous around these parts
Can someone point me to the Cayman forum I clicked on? Somehow I ended up at a taping of Days of Our Lives.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Gator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hooligan317
Can someone point me to the Cayman forum I clicked on? Somehow I ended up at a taping of Days of Our Lives.
Personally, I like your car the best. Probably because it looks like mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: which Cayman GT do you like better?