Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which "Cayman GT" do you like better?
The yellow one.
24.53%
The white one.
75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

which Cayman GT do you like better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Gator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Psypher
One question, what does rep have anything to do with his statement? I understand it was a jab and not appreciated, but I have 0 rep. Does that mean any comment or argument I make is not worth a darn? I'm not stating that what he said was right, but rep shouldnt have any true bearing on his opinion.

My .02 cents
At first I couldn't figure out what you were talking about. Then I realized you were talking to Slowcart. I have him on my ignore list so I don't see his posts.

Well said.

Originally Posted by Porschepet
What have you done for the Porsche Comminity thats put you above showing some respect to k-Man-S ?
Excellent question Porschepet.

There are forum members that will go out of their way for their fellow members. There are those that will take on huge projects and add tons of time to photograph, document and explain the process so others can learn from it. There are members that will share their knowledge and expertise or use the search engine to dig for an answer to a member's question. What has this member done for his fellow members to deserve so much rep and the right to spew venom at everyone?

Originally Posted by Softronic
The whole REP thing is a waste of time and only a tool for certain individuals on this site to use for negative reasons. I think the REP system should be banned since it has no real purpose.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
As many of you know, I am a super moderator at another forum. We implemented the rep system there and it was a disaster. There were groups of people that would work together to pump up each other's rep, and to hunt in packs against those they didn't like. We found that people were singing up many phantom user names so they could give themselves rep (something that is against our rules). Many members were openly throwing their higher rep in others faces (like we saw in this thread). That was leading to brawls in the threads. We took more complaints from our respected veteran members than we could have ever imagined. It became a huge distraction and we ultimately decided to scrap the rep system. It just doesn't work.

Everyone knows that I work with K-Man S, and I have since heard his side of this story (there are always three sides, aren't there?). I am not going to comment on what transpired. But I will say this: The decision to ban a member is not one that can be taken lightly. Every action has a reaction. A banned member will become an enemy. Sometimes they can become motivated by the ban, motivated to compete with you. You also must consider what people think of the person you want to ban, and how many people that person reaches. If he is highly respected by many people, the ban can backfire on you and end up discrediting you among a wide cross section of people. It can define the style and reputation of your entire community.

I have been banned by a forum, and just last weekend while at an event, having lunch with a long table full of Porsche and Ferrari owners, one of the guys brought it up. In his eyes I was a hero because he felt I got banned while standing up for the truth. He told the story as the rest listend. The entire table was talking about it and the club that nixed me became labeled as trash among this group.

I am not suggesting that the administration of this board made that decision lightly. But I do feel, in my opinion, that they made a mistake. K-Man S is the leader of another web community, and as Porschepet pointed out he is highly respected by many. I believe that we (forum staff members) can all do a better job of leading our own communities if we work together and develop friendly working relationships across competitive boundaries. There is one staff member here who has gained my respect. He can come to me for help if there is an issue that crosses into my house. Personally, if there was a disagreement between this board and K-Man S, I think someone should have sent him a PM that said, "Please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx" and this thing should have been talked through.

Anyway, sorry to take your thread so far off topic Ed.

I voted for K-Man S' car, but my decision wasn't easy. I really do love white on a Cayman. The car wears it well, and I like what you've done with yours. But to me, Ken's car is a little more along the lines of what I might expect Porsche to do.

For the record, I am not a big fan of the 'Cayman GT' thing either. To each their own. But in my mind, why stop there? Why not:
  • Cayman RS
  • Cayman RSR
  • Cayman Type R
  • Cayman GTO
  • Cayman SS
  • Cayman STi
  • Cayman GTP
  • Cayman GS
  • Cayman LX
  • Cayman 340
  • Cayman Z06
  • Cayman M-87
  • Cayman Scuderia
  • Cayman GTX
  • Cayman R/T
Just having fun, but do you get my point?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Gator Bite

+1 on that Thank You Cayman Scuderia? I might have to do that one.

Looks like Control It has given me the GREEN light THANK YOU as well .

a fresh start with some green is appreciated but you can certainally see that I was treated like a group of kids deciding to DOG PILE on the WALL- MART GREETER .
In the scheme of things going on in the world today (Sars Flu) THE ECONOMY we are all seriously very LUCKY to be driving these wonderfull machines .I take nothing for granit these days ,any of us could be the WALL MART GREETER some day .

And where is ED ?

Last edited by Fluid987; 05-01-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Gator Bite

It seems like you have two faces when it comes to the subject of Rep power. You go on to complain about how Rep power was such a failure on another site and state that Rep power just does not work but at the bottom of all your posts here at 6speed you ask members to add to your Rep power. Here is a copy of what appears at the bottom of all your posts ---- "If you appreciate my posts, please let me know by adding to my rep. Thanks....! "

If Rep power is as bad as you describe why do you make an effort to request from others to increase your Rep power with every post you make ?

If you are honest about your issues with Rep Power being pumped up by bogus manipulations then it seems like you should stop manipulating your own Rep power.

Last edited by Slowcart; 04-30-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: add
Old 04-30-2009, 04:14 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Wow. Seems like the poeple who dislike Rep points the most are the ones who also use it (to give others neg points) the most as well. Sad state of affairs. (not you Gator Bite)

Old 04-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Psypher is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Slowcart
Gator Bite

It seems like you have two faces when it comes to the subject of Rep power. You go on to complain about how Rep power was such a failure on another site and state that Rep power just does not work but at the bottom of all your posts here at 6speed you ask members to add to your Rep power. Here is a copy of what appears at the bottom of all your posts ---- "If you appreciate my posts, please let me know by adding to my rep. Thanks....! "

If Rep power is as bad as you describe why do you make an effort to request from others to increase your Rep power with every post you make ?

If you are honest about your issues with Rep Power being pumped up by bogus manipulations then it seems like you should stop manipulating your own Rep power.
Maybe he just knows how to work the system here. If the rep system can truely be broken so easily, as he described, then having extra rep helps certain things from happening, or happening as bad. It's like having a little extra insurance.

More then likely though, and I may be way off here but it's how I perceive it, he does it simply so he can see how much favor and goodwill his posts bring. If he doesn't post something that is either relivent or factual, then people don't give him rep. However, if he posts some great information and people appreciated what he has posted, then he gets good rep. To me, it's like tips. They are not manditory, but if you like the serviced received, then you give a tip. If you thought the service was terrible, you leave nothing. Get the point? That's why places like Starbucks write "Tips" on cups and puts them out for people to see. Kinda like a reminder of, oh, if you like it, leave your feedback in the form of money. I see nothing wrong with his arguement that rep does not work. I personally can see how it would backfire. I started posting in this thread originally with 12 rep and now im down to 3. Is it because I had some bad posts? I don't believe so. All I did was post facts into an already going arguement. However, and I'm not saying this happened, if the OP or someone else didn't like what/how I was responding to the OP or introducing facts, they downgrade me simple based upon an opinion of me, not what I posted. That is the whole reason I posted the question like 4 posts above. What does someones rep have to do with the content they post? It's a very valid question and one I still believe should be answered.

Anyways, I'll get off the soapbox so another may have their turn.

EDIT: Of course now that I say that I check and am up to 19 rep. *shrugs*

Last edited by Psypher; 04-30-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:32 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Porschepet
And where is ED ?
BTW I dont have any rapper graphics on my car, it is all white now. The 2 different designs were for different photoshoots, my car is the official pace car for the ARMY 10 MILER so it will have another design for that event in October.

OFFTOPIC!

Here. Sorry been busy at work with the whole type A H1N1, or H1N2, H1H2, type B, as long as the virus doesn't shift we are good. we aren't sure what it will be officially classified as but for now "swine, Type A H1N1" is the term being used. We are releasing some information but it will only go out to certain installations, Walter Reed, (which tomorrow is a big day for them, watch out for low flying aircraft in silver spring area) Pentagon, Ft Mcnair, Ft Myer, Belvoir, Meade, basically IMCOM and NCR. CDC version for general public which is being released later.

trifold outside:

inside:

more info: http://www.defenselink.mil/

Last edited by porsched4ed; 05-01-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Psypher,

Maybe it is just me but I really like people who EARN their tips by providing great service and I gladly tip well without needing a sign posted, but I really do not like people who put up a sign to CON or BEG for tips regardless of the quality of service that is provided.

IMO Rep power should work the same way, EARNING ( not manipulating) Rep power is good and BEGGING for Rep power is just a low class con job.

Now in an attempt to get back on topic, I am guessing that if you take the number of votes the white Cayman S has and multiply by the voter's Rep power the white Cayman wins by at least a ZILLION !!!!!

Last edited by Slowcart; 05-01-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:55 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NOLA911
... unless it is a race only car or if it is the new lead role in fast and furious
Originally Posted by porsched4ed
each has their own style, some people like asian girls, some like hispanic girls etc. some like the cucumber pickled... huh...what...actually...My car was at Road atlanta for Le Petit Lemans and I was contacted by a casting director from F&F4, they wanted my car to be shipped to Cali for the movie, they wanted me to leave the decals on. My car was already gone for over 3 months and I wasn't interested in having it in the movie.

so funny I gave the casting director Albert Cooke's number from CEC, so they could use the car instead of mine. Now CEC is selling it on ebay. I know they want ~$90,000.00+ for it since it was a movie prop.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Last edited by porsched4ed; 04-30-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:18 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Psypher,

I am guessing that if you take the number of votes the white Cayman S has and multiply by the voters Rep power the white Cayman wins by at least a ZILLION !!!!!

LOL!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by TighTT
LOL!
TightTT
Be careful, people will start to tease you about your Cayman RS,
BTW do you still have the dahlback kit in your TT?
U going to Dubs on the beach or H20? we should show next to each other.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by porsched4ed
TightTT
Be careful, people will start to tease you about your Cayman RS,
BTW do you still have the dahlback kit in your TT?
U going to Dubs on the beach or H20? we should show next to each other.
People can tease all they want. This is the internet.....where the weak and powerless become magnificent digital warriors. LOL.

The TT is still here...although I received a deposit for it. Hopefully it will be sold in a week or two.

I'll be at H20 as usual...although I don't bring the Porsche to VW/Audi shows. I have my A4 for that. The A4 is undergoing some changes at the moment...but will be up and running for H20.

Its current state:

Old 05-01-2009, 09:26 AM
OFFTOPIC:

Originally Posted by TighTT
The TT is still here...although I received a deposit for it. Hopefully it will be sold in a week or two.

I'll be at H20 as usual...although I don't bring the Porsche to VW/Audi shows. I have my A4 for that. The A4 is undergoing some changes at the moment...but will be up and running for H20.
How much for the TT? I am interested too, my wife wanted an 02 ALMS.

APR always asks me to show in their booth, I used to show the A4 with the modified stage 3+. They've been asking me to bring the porsche the last two years.

your audi looks better than mine...

Ive got B5 A4 AWM parts left lying around. let me know if your interested

Old 05-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Gator Bite

I was thinking the same thing lol.
Seriously, though, are you that desperate for rep?

Old 05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
[quote=TighTT;2368413]People can tease all they want. This is the internet.....where the weak and powerless become magnificent digital warriors. LOL.

Nice observation and I agree, I was just begining to notice they sometimes work together in packs like wild dogs only not as organized or as smart as dogs.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Slowcart

WHOOF WHOOF !!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend slowcart

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: which Cayman GT do you like better?