Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which "Cayman GT" do you like better?
The yellow one.
24.53%
The white one.
75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

which Cayman GT do you like better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porschepet
WHOOF WHOOF !!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend slowcart

Porschepet, that cough you have could be the Swine Flu you should have your veterinarian check that out ASAP.

Last edited by Slowcart; 05-01-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:28 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porsched4ed
here are some more "fake aftermarket porsches that would smoke a factory porsche"
First, let me say that your car is beautiful...it is tastefully modified and must be a joy to drive. But I would call it either a Cayman S or...a Cayman GT Street.

You can all you want, but the RGT, RK Coupe, CTR3 are Ruf VIN'ed production cars...not tuner modifications or what you refer to as fake aftermarket Porsches. If you have ever seen an RT12 being built from the frame of a 997, you would see that it is a completely different car with its own VIN. It weakens your argument to include them in your list, simply to prove aftermarket tuners create "Cayman GTs." After spending ungodly amounts of money in modifications, I still don't call my car a Ruf. There simply is no such thing as a Cayman GT. I'm not trying to insult you or other that rebadge, but a calling a Cayman S a "Cayman GT" after making a few mods is akin to calling this car a "Mustang GTR."

Last edited by bbywu; 05-01-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:19 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
but a calling a Cayman S a "Cayman GT" after making a few mods is akin to calling this car a "Mustang GTR."

Wait...thats not a mustang GT-R????

Old 05-02-2009, 10:44 AM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
but a calling a Cayman S a "Cayman GT" after making a few mods is akin to calling this car a "Mustang GTR."
That was from dustins movie, I remember that. that guy reminds me of funkmaster flex anyway the techart cayman gts has a 3.8S swap. The techart cayman gt has a 3.8S powerkit on the 3.4 which is what I basically have. "techart cayman gt" "based on cayman s" this is all for fun. the first sentence of this thread states that
http://www.techart.de/homee_gesamt.htm

Last edited by porsched4ed; 05-02-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:37 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porsched4ed
That was from dustins movie, I remember that. that guy reminds me of funkmaster flex anyway the techart cayman gts has a 3.8S swap. The techart cayman gt has a 3.8S powerkit on the 3.4 which is what I basically have. "techart cayman gt" "based on cayman s" this is all for fun. the first sentence of this thread states that
http://www.techart.de/homee_gesamt.htm
Regardless of what you want to call it, your car is very tastefully done.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Regardless of what you want to call it, your car is very tastefully done.
Thanks, I like your RUF too

Old 05-02-2009, 06:12 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
sorry but the techart badge in the front is totally ghey. What techart thing do you have a wing, thats it not even the complete kit. On second thought I think i'm gonna buy a Ruf shift **** so i can have an RT12

Old 05-02-2009, 06:18 PM
LOL...

"Someone" gave me a negative rep for incorrect info...

LOL!!! Read my post again and tell me where there is a Cayman GT VIN'ed car! I'll say it again...a Cayman GT is a tuning package...there are many who offer a "GT" package. It still doesn't change the model of the car...porsched4ed, I still love your car...

LOL!

Last edited by bbywu; 05-02-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by CayenneS2083
sorry but the techart badge in the front is totally ghey. What techart thing do you have a wing, thats it not even the complete kit. On second thought I think i'm gonna buy a Ruf shift **** so i can have an RT12
No complete kit because I don't like the gts kit just the wing. It also has the rear bumper which is just a stock piece modified by Techart, foglight shrouds, it had the black 20 wheels when I purchased it from jim ellis. Techart didn't offer an exhaust so I got milltek. I have Techart suspension too. I'm actually getting the Techart GT street front bumper next with the new Techart LEDs. I've got more performance mods than Techart offers.
Thanks

Old 05-02-2009, 06:40 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
I just think that overall it's a real nice cayman but your ruining it by trying to bling it out and make it into something its not. Less is more

Old 05-02-2009, 06:44 PM
LOL...

"Someone" gave me a negative rep for incorrect info...

LOL!!! Read my post again and tell me where there is a Cayman GT VIN'ed car! I'll say it again...a Cayman GT is a tuning package...there are many who offer a "GT" package. It still doesn't change the model of the car...porsched4ed, I still love your car...

LOL!
I agree, FYI I didn't give you negative feedback

Old 05-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by CayenneS2083
I just think that overall it's a real nice cayman but your ruining it by trying to bling it out and make it into something its not. Less is more
Each has their own style. Some people think the Gemballa Mirage GT is too "blinged out" I think it's badass. Your entiled to your own opinion and style as I am. I think the car world would be boring without tuners. Not to mention we would never discover the potential of a stock engine. Good luck with your aftermarket shiftknob.

you wouldn't like any of these then...

http://vimeo.com/4446831

Last edited by porsched4ed; 05-02-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I think this thread has run it's course. I hope we cleared some air and can move on in a positive fashion.

Gator, you are entitled to your opinions but banning members here or on the other forum is not something done lightly or for no reason. You may not agree with that reason but thats another story.

On a more positive note, I am thrilled this section has grown so much as I am a die hard boxster/cayman fan.

Have a good weekend everybody.