Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Shoes on the Boxster (Forgestar F14)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:26 AM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
New Shoes on the Boxster (Forgestar F14)

Forgestar F14 in 19x8.5 47mm and 19.x10 33mm on Nitto Invos 235/35 and 285/30. The weight was 22.5 and 24.x for the rears. The color I ordered was supposed to be Titanium but it appears they shipped me Gunmetal. I emailed them to see what they are going to do to correct this.

Original build time was 14 days which turned into 25 days because they built the wrong rears. Quality of the wheel looks good but the clear coat was running on a few spots which shows they have finishing issues with a coater. This surprises me since they are a sister company of iForged.

Attached Images     
Old 05-14-2009, 11:24 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Nice wheels. It's too bad all these car companies are turning out poor quality products while they're holding on for verge of collapse. Especially these supposedly custom wheel companies who care about their customers.

Maybe it's a good thing I went with OEM. Because I'd be really pissed for getting something delayed AND it's not up to spec.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
The quality is good, don't get me wrong. The clear coat runs are on the inner barrel so not a big deal and can only be seen at a specific angle. I was being real critical when reviewing them. These same flaws are on my OEM wheels too to put it in perspective.

Delays in delivery, I was expecting that anyways as under 4 weeks for wheels is pretty good in my books, unless they are off the shelf.

I did get an email from them with some great options. I ended up taking a discounted price and leaving the wheels as is. Not the color I was aiming for but looks good non the less. They were willing to fully correct the color or offer a full refund.

Overall I am happy, with the product, customer service as a result of problems and the value. Thumbs up from a product and vendor perspective.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:00 PM
justaddcoffee is infamous around these parts
it's a good color for hiding the brake dust.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:09 PM
gwapo996tt is infamous around these parts
I like the way it looks. Nice choice.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
they look great imo better than titanium on that car.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:07 AM
renzop is infamous around these parts
Weights are very reasonable for those sizes.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:48 PM
986S is infamous around these parts
Nice finish. Is the clear on your tails tinted?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:54 PM
yes, tinted with film so I can remove it.

Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice

Old 05-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
looks nice.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:46 AM
CrankCase is infamous around these parts
The wheels look great. I think gunmetal looks better than titanium on a black Boxster. The offsets for your wheels are pretty aggressive - 47 front and 33 rear. Any wheelarch scrubbing issues?

Also your suspension looks lowered - what did you do for the lowering? What's the drop?

Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 AM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
I think they look great. Good choice in keeping them IMO.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by CrankCase
The wheels look great. I think gunmetal looks better than titanium on a black Boxster. The offsets for your wheels are pretty aggressive - 47 front and 33 rear. Any wheelarch scrubbing issues?

Also your suspension looks lowered - what did you do for the lowering? What's the drop?
Thanks for the compliments. The offset is aggressive but not to crazy. I would argue perfect. No scrubbing issues or rubbing on the 235 and 285 tires. Suspension is PSS9 coilovers, dropped until the gap was closed so not sure on the actual distance from stock.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:25 PM
jrblackbox is infamous around these parts
Wheels look great IMO, and with a discount on top. Can't beat that!