Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest interior mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
boxster marc is infamous around these parts
Latest interior mod

Thought you guys might like to see my recent interior mod. Just had Detailing Dynamics install the BumperPlug.com pieces. Went with a replacement rear center console and replacement upper door trim pieces. Everything was done in Carrara White to compliment the car, gauges and roll hoops. The job Eric does at BumperPlugs is nothing short of amazing. The parts are gorgeous and I've been told they'll hold up better than OEM. Nothing leaves his shop until he's satisfied that they're perfect. Matt at Detailing Dynamics works the same way. While your car is in his shop it's as if it were his. He takes every precaution not cause peripheral damage elsewhere and is truly a perfectionist. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Already have the next piece that I'm doing planned. Hope you like it. Maybe it'll give some of you some ideas for yours.

Attached Images     

Last edited by boxster marc; 06-09-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 PM
lolayay is infamous around these parts
Gorgeous!

Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Looks good....looks real good.

How much would it be to replace the skinny steering wheel with a thicker (C2s, GT3) one???

Old 06-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Don't know, I haven't looked into it. Wouldn't mind a little thicker wheel but not a high priority. I may actually do 1 more piece of white trim in the interior on the existing wheel (the darker grey piece that sort of forms a "Y" under the airbag/horn pad). Then I think I'll be finished there.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:13 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Like this one...

Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Well my wheel isn't the same as the one in your picture but the 2 side pieces will remain brighter silver and the piece at 6 O'Clock that goes up and then to the right and left of the ceter hub will be Carrara White. The white piece kind of forms a "Y" and will be subtle which is what I'm going for.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
looks great - always nice to personalze these cars - Eric's is a great place and you should go for body coloured cayman air vents - i got mine from eric & pretty easy to install.

what is the badge on the glove compartment?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:25 PM
The badge on the glovebox is one I made for myself first and a few others that have subsequently seen it. I get the PCA Cloissone badge from PCA Nat'l. and mount it to a reverse engraved badge that my business has manufactured. I can make it say whatever you wish but in general they've mostly been configured as mine is. Colors are from a wide palette of choices many of which match our Porsche colors and then the paint is filled into the lettering from the reverse in colors which compliment your plate color choice. I'll try and attach a close up for you to see. If anyone is interested send me a PM and we'll discuss. As configured they cost $30 + S/H by USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation. Just so its clear, the PCA badge mounts on top of the main plaque. Someone seeing this photo thought the round badge was set into the other badge. It sits on the background plate and in my opinion is really like a piece of automotive jewelry.

Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2009, 06:35 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Looks fabulous! I have those same pedals and I love them! Your interior looks sharp!

Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 PM
justaddcoffee is infamous around these parts
very clean, not overdone. nice.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:24 AM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
nice looking. What floormats are those?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
jrblackbox is infamous around these parts
looks great! but, I would stop there.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:06 PM
The mats were done by an ebay seller "Europeanfloormats". He did a 4 piece set for the interior and both trunks. The only thing I'm still going to do in the interior is some trim on the steering wheel. I think its very subtle but will add that finishing touch. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
The white accents add a really nice touch to a black interior.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:03 PM
mrwonder is infamous around these parts
It transform the interior!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Latest interior mod