Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st cross country trip/ Am I crazy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
You will have a great time. I have taken my Cayman S on two trips halfway across the country and they were both a total blast.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:39 PM
mptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
ps...someone stated above about possibly needing to repaint your bumper due to rock chips. If you don't have the clear bra already on and the front end is in good shape right now, as much as you might hate doing it, I would suggest a bra for your car. Just at leat for the road trip. I know, it's ugly and yes, you will hear that it can rub where it grips on. But the rock chips are going to be worse in my opinion. You can use painter's tape on your car where the grips will be. Just a thought! Best wishes!

Hey thanks for the advice. I had a bra for my MGB when I was a wee lad. I have no problem with it, as long as I remember to take it off occasionally.

Question, anybody know where to get a cheap/diposable bra(car) ? <=$100
I am flying out with just a carryon bag so I need to stop somewhere in Cali. I am sure they have car shops all over.

Last edited by mptoledo; 06-22-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:34 PM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
If my some odd chance you make Austin...ping me.....we will get you some good BBQ!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:04 PM
mptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kscheible
If my some odd chance you make Austin...ping me.....we will get you some good BBQ!

Thanks for the offer, but It might be out of my way as I am going the northern route. I thought about the southern route but not knowing my car I didn't to chance the heat through the deserts.

Well I gotta get on a plane in about 9 hours, so I better get some sleep, thanks a lot for all the suuport and I will definately bring back some pics!!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Good luck! You're going to have a wonderful time! Sorry you didn't live closer or I'd let you borrow my bra!

wait..that sounded really strange! i'd let your CAR borrow my car's bra!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Boxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the rough
I WISH I could do a road trip that distance in my car... wait... maybe a vacation is in order!

It sounds like you did your homework. I'd have total faith in my car to take me across the country.

Good luck and drive safe!

Old 06-23-2009, 03:09 AM
Centurion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the rough
Have a great time! Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 AM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
Trace Route 66 back!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
Hope the trip is going well!

*Subscribing for pics and details upon your return home.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:13 PM
switchface is infamous around these parts
Get some blue painters tape (as someone mentioned above) and coat the front and the mirrors to prevent from any rock chips and sand blasting.

There was a thread on vwvortex.com about a road trip like that...coated the whole car, made it look Jazz Blue (I'm too lazy to look for the thread).

Enjoy!

Old 06-25-2009, 07:13 PM
lolayay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
Good luck! You're going to have a wonderful time! Sorry you didn't live closer or I'd let you borrow my bra!

wait..that sounded really strange! i'd let your CAR borrow my car's bra!
LOL

Old 07-22-2009, 04:08 PM
NeunElf is infamous around these parts
I agree re Boxster by choice, my 997 just went back on lease and I am seriously considering a tarted up Boxster S for my next car, it is a hard choice vs the 997-2, but the Boxster S is now a very serious tool and the "not a real Porsche" crowd cannot say that anymore as it too is assembled in Zuffenhausen!