Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S track beast at EdNapleton in IL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:24 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Cayman S track beast at EdNapleton in IL

I am a 996TT owner, but wanted to post this here.

Anyone here seen what Ed Napleton Porsche in Westmont, IL is doing with the Cayman's. They had about a dozen new white Cayman's that they were striping down in the service area when I dropped my car off today. They are all being prepped for the track. Not sure if they are selling them or racing them or using them for customers. They are bad a$$.

Sorry for the crappy phone cam pics

Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Hmmm... A track beast for sure !

Old 07-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Nice looking splitter and wing. I wonder what they would go for?

Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Alan C.
Nice looking splitter and wing. I wonder what they would go for?
Got the scoop from Napleton. They built 30 of these for 'Master' customers by request (they are sold out and don't plan on building more) to do HHR (?) racing. Cost 80k each. They are running at the Autobahn Country Club in Joilet at 2:38 a lap. GT3's are running 2:42 a lap. These things are wicked, wicked, wicked fast. Gotta love Porsche

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Autobahn_Country_Club

Last edited by fdorn; 07-31-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:24 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Yup That's right. I test drove one car a while back. they are builiding their own Cayman s cup cars.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by vbmw335
Yup That's right. I test drove one car a while back. they are builiding their own Cayman s cup cars.
lol, didn't expect to see you here....don't tell, but I want one of those Cayman Cup cars...lol

Peace, hopefully we can hook up at Gingerman in Sept.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
justaddcoffee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fdorn
They are running at the Autobahn Country Club in Joilet at 2:38 a lap. GT3's are running 2:42 a lap.

finally nice to hear about some mid-engine porsches standing up those rear-engined cars. i'm ready for some caymans to start running in ALMS.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by justaddcoffee
finally nice to hear about some mid-engine porsches standing up those rear-engined cars. i'm ready for some caymans to start running in ALMS.
Certainly you have seen this beast with a 3.8 Carrera S engine stuffed into it..and did he say supercharged...

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3769.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkM4Ir4kVA

RK Coupe starts around minute 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9MqjNPxMYY

Old 07-31-2009, 05:12 PM
justaddcoffee is infamous around these parts
i'm not sure those beasts will pass homologation for SCCA, koni challenge or ALMS, but i'd sure love to them run!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:32 AM
jhp012 is infamous around these parts
wow.. its cool how its getting done at the dealerships. they prolly made good money on that group buy

Old 08-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by jhp012
wow.. its cool how its getting done at the dealerships. they prolly made good money on that group buy
I think they came from Porsche similar to how a GT3 Cup car would come from Porsche. The dealer then did some additional mods (nothing to the engine). Kinda like a Caymen Cup car...

Napleton told me they ordered 30 of them and Porsche only alloted them 21. They are all sold. They are for a masters series racing (not 'master' customers' as previously stated). They were a little closer to 87-90K.

If anyone knows the whole story please let me know. Every person I talk to seems to have a slightly different answer. Pictures don't do it justice. It is BAD A$$

Here is what the will eventually look like

Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
could you please find out who makes the wing/splitter and whether or not they can be purchased separately?

thank you !

Old 08-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Crazed1 is infamous around these parts
In case you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.napletonmotorsports.com/

Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Crazed1
In case you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.napletonmotorsports.com/
Thanks for posting that

Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Crazed1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fdorn
Thanks for posting that
Very welcome : )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman S track beast at EdNapleton in IL