Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Kit for the Boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:57 PM
extanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ilahi25
Bro, I've hit 150mph in my boxster on the highways too, it's just a matter of how quick i can get up there lol, and daddy isn't gonna dish out 45k for another car for me, i've already got a 645ci i drive for the winter, it's got ample power, and since parents only bought it for me to drive for a year or so, so it's leaving soon , thats why I'm so sceptical about the boxster lol i need something just a little faster
a 40k corvette should fit the bill

Old 10-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Cajundaddy is infamous around these parts
You don't need nitrous, just a change of scenery. Racetracks are your friends, check em out. With a good set of comp tires a well sorted Boxster should give the rest of your crew the business on a tight track. 150 mph highway runs are a bit like bank robbery... They are big fun and a total adrenalin rush, except for that whole jail thing.

(reformed street racer)

Last edited by Cajundaddy; 10-23-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Kirk is infamous around these partsKirk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cajundaddy
They are big fun and a total adrenalin rush, except for that whole jail thing.

(reformed street racer)

I see you're also a resident of the great Communist state of California. What are the consequences here any way of speeding at an excess of 150 mph? Just curious... I might need to reel-in my enthusiasm a bit more. I've been thinking about this any way as my local PCA region may elect me as VP, and I know some of my antics could potentially get me kicked out!

It's been 10 years since my last speeding ticket. I think it cost something like $130. I was alarmed recently when a fellow PCA member got a red light camera ticket that was almost $400 and someone on the 986forum reported just getting a speeding ticket near $400. Wow, is it really that costly to get caught these days??? I'm not sure that I'd change my driving habits much, I'm usually pretty sensible. However, at those costs, buying a $450 Valentine 1 for each of my cars starts making more sense. I only have one now, in my C4S....

Old 10-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Cajundaddy is infamous around these parts
Yes. In Commiefornia it's pretty ugly. Typical fines for over 100 mph on public roads is $1000. Over 150 would probably be reckless at the discretion of the officer. If a speed contest or injury is involved it could include vehicle seizure, fines, and up to 180 days in jail. Not exactly the joy ride I am looking for.

Here is the latest good news from the CA DMV:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23109.htm

Track days are cheap!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:27 PM
ilahi25 is infamous around these parts
Yes. In Commiefornia it's pretty ugly. Typical fines for over 100 mph on public roads is $1000. Over 150 would probably be reckless at the discretion of the officer. If a speed contest or injury is involved it could include vehicle seizure, fines, and up to 180 days in jail. Not exactly the joy ride I am looking for.

Track days are cheap!
Wow, you know i really hate these traffic laws. Apparently over here in Illinois we got speed cameras coming up on i94, (my favorite highway for runs), and my buddy in a Turbo got a red light ticket as well. i really think the people should try going against this, because it's pretty simple, lets look at the effects shall we?

1. 1st offense $350 (pretty expensive but still payable)
2. 2nd offense: $1000 (no matter what the speed, RIDICULOUS)
3. 3rd Offense, Suspension/Revoke of you License.
4. Red light camera tickets also costing around $350+ per ticket

Effects: The country is going through such a horrible recession, yet they want to bump up fines and f*&% you over for 5mph above the limit on the highway every time you drive. How are Americans going to pay so much for these bloody tickets? Well, you can rob people, So up the crime rate, or you can go into debt, lose your driving priviliges and not be able to go to work, so more recession and more jobs lost. Also, red light cameras, the guy across the intersection from me broke the light as i was crossing the intersection, and the flash (3 times) blinded me for a good 2 seconds. So now your looking at high insurance claims, raise your premiums so more debt recession screw over.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 PM
ilahi25 is infamous around these parts

Track days are cheap!
The government really seems to be violating the Human Law....ie......WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES LEAVE US ALONE. And the red light camera thing, i was talking car crashes or hitting pedestrians for insurance claims.

OOOOOOOO AND GUYS AND GIRLS, My dad has agreed to go check out a 2002 Red 911 Carrera with 30,000 miles for me to trade for the boxster .

-Before I go....it's listed for $26,900. You guys think there's something wrong with it? Seems a bit low for price doesn't it?