Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question: Why did you buy a boxster, because of looks or it was the cheapest porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 05:16 PM
wind in ur hair is infamous around these parts
I find the people with opinions like" its a girls car" stc
1/ have never driven one
2/ dont have enough personality to actually like something themselves without getting a majority rule on the way they should think.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:13 PM
lobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these parts
well i have never driven a 911 maybe ill find a used one on a lot around here and do a test drive.

i have an 01 non S very underpowered... one of my buddies was with me and he liked the car but wouldnt let me forget that it was kind of a wimp behind the seats. So we took it up into the hills. about an hour later after some amazing twisties we came to a stop and he says. "ok so the porsche... is alot of fun" with this look of kid just off a roller coaster. that is why i like my boxster. it is a grin every time.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:05 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tranquility
Actually, this question can easily be turned around and asked "Why did you buy a 911...because it was the priciest Porsche?"
Well, actually the priciest Porsche (other than a one-off collector) would be the CGT and I would have actually preferred getting that rather than my 911 if I could have afforded it (and no, not because it's mid-engined versus my rear-engined car but because it's a freaking CGT)

Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Well, actually the priciest Porsche (other than a one-off collector) would be the CGT and I would have actually preferred getting that rather than my 911 if I could have afforded it (and no, not because it's mid-engined versus my rear-engined car but because it's a freaking CGT)
Ya, I know CGT is more expensive, but I was referring to regularly-available Porsches.