Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster Spyder revealed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 08:33 AM
thnxbabe has a spectacular aura aboutthnxbabe has a spectacular aura about
Love love love it. Am starting the savings fund now.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:59 PM
navanod is infamous around these partsnavanod is infamous around these parts
A few new pics I found:

Old 12-31-2009, 05:04 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
its nice and im glad its being made (and offered for us sales) but i would have to go with lotus elise instead since boxster's advantage of practicality is lost in spyder

Old 12-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Croctor is infamous around these parts
I think it's a classic in the making

Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 AM
prodigue is infamous around these parts
One question.. how do you wash this car without soaking the interior?

Old 01-03-2010, 08:27 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Just don't pressure wash it

I have a better question. I have to believe this soft top is not good for excess speeds. How is it you can DE this car? I mean this is supposed to be a more focused track version of the boxster right? PCA is a pain in the *** about running top down. So exactly how will this work?

Old 01-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by prodigue
The top consist of two pieces. The first is the actual roof that is used for sun protection and light rain. The second is a piece that connects the side windows across the back for inclement weather. You would have to have both pieces on to hand wash the car. Porsche specifically states no auto car washes due to the roof design. It is held on by tension and auto washes can mess that up. You can see both pieces better here in this picture:

The first piece is rated at 125mph, while the second is rated at 100mph. Top speed without the roof is 166mph.

As for DE, That is a good question... We'll have to see what happens. The car was designed primarily for sunny days without the roof. Hopefully they will permit the Spyder without the roof... and if they don't how much of the roof will be required? both pieces??? that would suck.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:53 PM
TJ Galati is infamous around these parts
I went to go see it at the SD auto show. Porsche didnt show up. Boooo

Old 01-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by TJ Galati
I went to go see it at the SD auto show. Porsche didnt show up. Boooo
Don't take it hard... They won't even be at Detroit! They pulled out of a lot of shows and focus on key markets only. LA is a huge one for them and they will also be present at the NY Auto Show too, but I think that's pretty much it from a corporate level in USA. Some will have Porsche Dealer representation at the smaller shows. I'm pretty sure all the Spyders here for the LA debut have already been shipped back to Germany as they weren't US spec'ed cars and have a window of time before they have to leave US soil. Not sure when first US Spec'ed cars will show up here. First dealer allocations are March build w/ May deliveries. Due to low volume, Porsche is not doing launch cars for the Spyder.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:42 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by navanod
The top consist of two pieces. The first is the actual roof that is used for sun protection and light rain. The second is a piece that connects the side windows across the back for inclement weather. You would have to have both pieces on to hand wash the car. Porsche specifically states no auto car washes due to the roof design. It is held on by tension and auto washes can mess that up. You can see both pieces better here in this picture:

The first piece is rated at 125mph, while the second is rated at 100mph. Top speed without the roof is 166mph.

As for DE, That is a good question... We'll have to see what happens. The car was designed primarily for sunny days without the roof. Hopefully they will permit the Spyder without the roof... and if they don't how much of the roof will be required? both pieces??? that would suck.
thanks for the pixs...I have been thinking about the roof also so this is great info.

The DE questions are very interesting also. Stay tuned.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Found these on Flickr:

Last edited by navanod; 01-05-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Porsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to behold
Nice pictures, any with the rear lid opened?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:39 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I like the way it looks with the top up. Sharp car. I wold have gone with black floor mats in that instance, but the car still looks great.

I think I would peel the porsche side graphic and had one done that said Spyder instead. I don't care for the old school Porsche font.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:59 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by prodigue
This is my friend's car, how do you think he washes it?

http://www.pbase.com/elegantcam/cobra

Old 01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
MikeBat is infamous around these parts
While I think it looks great....to me this car is kind of like dating a supermodel with a pain in the **** mother and does not like sex. Sounds great when you are just looking at it, but when you live with it day after day... a few extras would be nice. Plus tracking a Porsche is so much fun, and this one has not yet been given the ok as far as I know.

No AC, no radio, retro weather protection.... all this and you save 170 something pounds. And it costs the same or more than an S?

Yes, it has a sportier suspension. Yes it is more exclusive. Yes it is currently hot.

Does that make it that more attractive as an owner? Can a few tweaks to an S make it as sporty (and obviously more track legal), the answer is clearly yes. I guess the question about should you buy one depends on how many Porsches you have in the garage.

To each his own.

Last edited by MikeBat; 01-05-2010 at 02:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Boxster Spyder revealed