Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removal of interior plastic trim pieces....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !
Removal of interior plastic trim pieces....

How do I remove the interior plastic trim pieces? I am assuming they just snap into place, but I don't want to break anything. Console as well? I would like to take all my plastic pieces out to have painted my exterior color.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:50 PM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not sure exactly what parts your referring to, but here goes..

For the console, the shift boot just pulls up... silver shift **** piece w/ the gear pattern pops out and then a couple of small torx screws allow you to separate both halves of the shift ****.. console itself is pretty straight forward... just that one PITA screw under the little front cubby hole.. The silver cover under the center console just snaps in, so separate it from the piece below it w/ "a persuader". The it is just torx screws (size 20, I think)... Yes, for the most part it is just "snap in"... When putting the console back in, you've got to align the front edges of the console "just right"... if you look, you'll see slots for little tabs (that is the only thing I struggled w/ a little when putting in a short shifter).

Old 01-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Lyn
Lyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud of
How about the *****-shoe shaped cover around the climate control panel and the radio?? Does it just pop off if you pry on the outer edge??
Thx, Lyn

Old 01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
paulll is infamous around these parts
http://www.satoshi-celica.com/indexporen.html

I hope this link can help you.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 AM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Lyn
How about the *****-shoe shaped cover around the climate control panel and the radio?? Does it just pop off if you pry on the outer edge??
Thx, Lyn
if you're referring to the aluminum silver looking piece...yes...

it has several tabs that stick downward into the console plastic itself... you persuade the silver horseshoe upwards and pull it out backward (toward the shifter)...