Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09' Cayman, Need Loud Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
3ateeji is infamous around these parts
09' Cayman, Need Loud Exhaust!

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and I need some help. I have a 2009 Cayman and the stock exhaust is way too quiet!! I am looking for an aftermarket muffler with a deep/loud sound, and hopefully some nice gains in power. I have seen video clips from Fabspeed and FVD Brombacher and they both sound pretty good. Are there any other units available out there?
These are what I've found which are really, very impressive:

-987 Boxster/Cayman Maxflo Exhaust System
-Exhaust System 987-2 Cayman "BROMBACHER" Stainless Steel, 200 Cell Cats , Tips 2x90mm sound version

Any tips?

Old 01-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Have you taken a look at Cargraphic? Excellent sound, fitment, and build quality. Feel free to contact me for pricing information.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Cargraphic

Sweet!
If i may only ask, whats the hp gain with those?
and do you have any videos i could check out??
and finally, how much would they cost?
ty!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:08 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Take a look at Supersprint Race Exhaust. I have one on my car, sounds great, great build and save 18 pounds from stock exhaust.

You can find video of the exhaust on my car on youtube.com look for user; advantyper79

Old 01-12-2010, 05:34 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
....make sure you audition REMUS exhausts before you make your final decision. It is the best sounding Cayman S exhaust I've heard.

Dan

Old 01-12-2010, 05:50 PM
vroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of light
If you want loud, you should consider TUBI. Its one if the loudest exhaust out there. But I dont know if they have one for the Gen2 yet.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM
tradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond repute
Remus is still at least a month or two away from hitting the market, ditto for Borla. I like the sound of my Fabspeed but it is not loud.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
3ateeji,

If you are interested in our exhaust I can offer an even sweeter deal. If you want it loud you can custom order our exhaust's in any decibel you want. Typically track cars range from 103 dB to 106 dB. Many of the Cup cars that you would hear in the U.S. are 106 dB as a reference. You want loud we can deliver, no questions asked. Send me an email I would be happy to put an offer together for you.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 01-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3ateeji
Sweet!
If i may only ask, whats the hp gain with those?
and do you have any videos i could check out??
and finally, how much would they cost?
ty!
With the Cargraphic system you will see gains of 15hp/12tq. Unfortunately I don't have any videos handy, but I can tell you that Cargraphic has a unique sound compared to the competition. The sound is typically a little deeper with more volume. I have never had anyone complain after installing Cargraphic on their car. They are one of Germany's most respected Porsche tuners.

The cost will depend on which style of tip you chose. Please email me with your desired tip and I will reply with accurate pricing for you. You can use the part number on the pictures. Here are the tip styles. tom@rennsport-one.com

Old 01-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Remus sounds unearthly.. amazing voice to it!!! :/

Old 01-13-2010, 06:51 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ezN...eature=related

interesting sound test, Remus sounds great! IMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFPEJ...eature=related

Last edited by 2muchtime; 01-13-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
+1 for the FVD system!!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor
Hi guys, I was able to get a few sound clips from Cargraphic. The first one is driving, the second one is revving. There is not video, just audio clips unfortunately.

http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/dat...7ETO_Drive.mp3
http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/dat...ETO_Static.mp3

Old 01-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Cargraphic!

Lovely!!
+1 Cargraphic!

Old 01-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 3ateeji
Lovely!!
+1 Cargraphic!
I'm sending you an email shortly with some more information.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09' Cayman, Need Loud Exhaust!