Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on doing a GT3RS paint scheme on my 03 Boxster S....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:15 PM
mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !
Thoughts on doing a GT3RS paint scheme on my 03 Boxster S....

I really like the look of the GT3 RS paint scheme. Obviously they look perfectly in place on the GT3 or GT3 RS. I am wondering how this scheme would look on a Boxster. I would love to add either the green accents like this car below or Riviera Blue. I was thinking I would paint the wheels to match, and get the script along the side and possibly the mirrors painted. This will be a track/DE car but also driven on the street on a regular basis. Yay or Nay?

GT3 RS idea....

My car as it stands.....

Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I'm not a huge fan of decals (heh... even on the RS) but for a track/fun purpose car why not. I'd say a good place to start would be with Premier since they can probably do something alone these lines?

Old 01-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
sharkster

+1 on that .
IMO I think that color scheme works on the Gt-3 but would not on a boxster .
I have seen some very aggressive color schemes with the GT-3 and 99% seem to work in some way or another simply because the car is a flawless design ,but the Cayman and the boxster are another story .
I would do Gunmetal grey wheels with green Calipers and mirrors ,and a Green rim pinstripe ? and possibly the green Porsche banner but the green graphics and wheels are a big leap IMO. I found a company in Tacoma Wa that powder coats wheels for less then 100.00 a wheel and all 4 calipers for $150.00 .

Old 01-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Johnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to behold
I think that it would make your boxster look like a special "RB" edition. The RB stands for Ringling Brothers.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you can find some one to photo shop your plans on to your Porsche and get a preview of the end results and save some time and $'s is you modify from original plan.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:21 PM
tradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond repute
Nay - looks odd on a stock car.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:07 AM
BruceinCary is infamous around these parts
What about a Boxster S script in the same color as your wheels down each side, probably get them from the dealer.
Then some clear turning flights on the front.
Thirdly some aluma look mirrors to tie in with an aluma look center consol from bumperplugs.com (no affiliation)

Old 01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
jderianSF is infamous around these parts
I second the photoshop trial first. That way you can fine tune what you want.

Also, please don't put a gt3 side stripe! Boxster or Porsche would be ok, but no posers please!

Old 01-23-2010, 07:18 PM
nacelle is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Slowcart
Maybe you can find some one to photo shop your plans on to your Porsche and get a preview of the end results and save some time and $'s is you modify from original plan.
This looks like the right plan to me....

Old 01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
If you had no stock 19" wheels, Lowered suspension and clear headlight than maybe. If not i would completly avoid it.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:12 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Some inspiration....

Old 01-30-2010, 12:28 PM
BruceinCary is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TighTT
Some inspiration....

That's the way to do it.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:32 PM
equ
equ is infamous around these parts
Having just seen your nice triple black pics, my recommendation: don't touch it... Just enjoy it as it is and meant to be.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
fsdell is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Wow, than is one of the best look Caymen so far, and the pic itself is great too
Originally Posted by TighTT
Some inspiration....

Old 02-02-2010, 01:50 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BruceinCary
That's the way to do it.

Originally Posted by fsdell
Wow, than is one of the best look Caymen so far, and the pic itself is great too

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I need to take some better pics to showoff the GT3 front and GT3RS green lip'd wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on doing a GT3RS paint scheme on my 03 Boxster S....