Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Victor Wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:55 PM
wulfgang is infamous around these parts
Ooops, I didn't see this thread before posting my own. I have the 18" Zehns, in black, on my 2000 S. As you saw, they are same as stock fitment, and although I would not classify them as light rims, they seemed to be lighter than the swirls they replaced.

I like the black... changes my Arctic Silver from looking like a girl's car to something more sporty. Also, the long spokes on the Zehn make it look larger than an 18", but you get to use 18" tires.

Btw, got them at the local Discount Tire, special order. Then I learned that Big O could have ordered them for me too.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Bob in NY is infamous around these parts
Thanks for letting me know. I'm thinking about staying with 19" wheels and getting the silver finish. It has to be better than lobster forks!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Registered PM
Lightning MO is infamous around these parts
Bob, are these wheels going to be for the street? If so, I tend to agree with Lithium (the metal or the tranquilizer?). You should buy a wheel that looks good to you, makes you feel good, and fits your budget. As Lithium points out, if you want you can always widen the track with spacers (for a given wheel, there is no way to decrease it). This approach will also help you deal with variations in tire width from manufacturer to manufacturer.

For most, it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend a lot of money to save a little weight on the street. Also, once you go over 10 mph, nobody can see your wheels. That's why my two sets of street wheels are pretty, so that they can impress girls. One of the sets happens to be 18" Victor LeMans wheels. Not particularly light, but fairly well made, a nice finish, and very reasonably priced. (p.s. Most girls don't know what "forged" or "modular" wheels are).

However, my track wheels were selected for durability, plus one or two criteria: 1) weight and/or 2) width. I have some OEM 17" wheels that weigh as little as 17lbs front, 20lbs rear. I also have a crazy set of 18" wheels that have 9" wheels intended for the rear of a Boxster on the front, and 10" 993TT rear wheels (this setup is pretty close to the limit of what will fit under a 986 with coilovers). And they are all driven by R-compound tire specifications and competition rules. And nobody cares what they look like...

p.s. Silver wheels on a Grey car +1

Last edited by Lightning MO; 03-22-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Byprodriver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lithium1330
I think a lot of us want to believe the weigh saved will make us faster... The fact is... 20 lbs of weight saved or 10HP gained means very little in the real world. Look at the Boxster Spyder vs. regular Boxster S. Spyder has 320HP and 170lbs saved, yet it is no more than .5 second quicker to 60mph (4.8s) compared to even the 295HP Boxster S (5.1s). Factor in the driver and his/her skills the gain will be a wash.

So, IMO, unless you're racing for money, you'll get more compliments (and who would turn down compliments?) on the street with a set of wheels that visually appeals to you (& others - if you care what others think) the most.
.5 second difference 0-60 is at least a car length & that's my favorite compliment!

Old 04-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Byprodriver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Thanks for letting me know. I'm thinking about staying with 19" wheels and getting the silver finish. It has to be better than lobster forks!

Bob 1 of our sponsers, Wheel Enhancement, has added the Victor line.
They are extremly knowledgeable about wheel & tire fitments for Porsche.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Well I finally decided today and bought a set of new take off OEM 19" Carrera Classics made for the Boxster and I orderd 5mm spacers all the way around. My second choice would have been the Victor line after an exhaustive search. I'm happy with my decision and look forward to receiving them and getting them installed. Thanks everyone for all your input.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:15 PM
nijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud of
I like the Zehns

But I think for the same cost you can get a set of used OEM sport designs that look similiar and are OEM. Good choice on the classics and spacers I always liked the look of them.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by nijoma
But I think for the same cost you can get a set of used OEM sport designs that look similiar and are OEM. Good choice on the classics and spacers I always liked the look of them.
For the same money I got a set of new car take offs which technicly are used but really new. I'll see..

Attached Images  

Last edited by Bob in NY; 04-22-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:06 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Way late to this thread but...

I have Victor Zehn on my Cayenne GTS in an 18" for my off-road and winter tires. They look and have held up great. I can recommend them for the Cayenne without reservation.

I also have Zehn's for my 18" winter tire set-up on my 09 C4S. And they work very well in that application as well.

On both applications the offset is perfect.

So if someone is looking at Victors they look great and hold up well.