Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Victor Wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Bob in NY is infamous around these parts
Anyone using Victor Wheels?

I'm considering the Victor ZHEN wheels for my Boxster and was wondering if anyone has experience with this brand. http://www.victorequipmentwheels.com/

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by Bob in NY; 02-20-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
If you have any questions pm me. We currently have stock of the Zhen wheels.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Johnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to behold
They're a nice, clean looking design. However, in terms of fitment, the sizing and offsets are not what I would choose. 19x8 +45 19.9.5 +49

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 02-20-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
They're a nice, clean looking design. However, in terms of fitment, the sizing and offsets are not what I would choose. 19x8 +45 19.9.5 +49
Do you think they will set outside the fenders or the other way around?

Thanks

Old 02-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Johnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Do you think they will set outside the fenders or the other way around?

Thanks
Given those sizes and offsets, from an aesthetic point of view, the wheels would be "tucked" in way too far for my liking. Moreover, the fact that I am running coilovers, would make it impossible for them to clear the struts.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
What year is your boxster?

Old 02-20-2010, 06:29 PM
If you like the look of a clean 10 spoke wheel, you should check out Rennsport One's new 1 piece forged wheel. Its one of the nicest looking wheels that I have seen in a long time. And its offered in custom sizes, offsets and finishes.

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Former Vendor
Johnny, the victor equipment wheels are specially made only for porsches. The offsets are not as aggressive as three piece nor do they cost any where near the three piece wheel cost. They are meant to fit like factory.
18x8 +45
18x9.5 +49
18x11 +36

Old 02-20-2010, 06:49 PM
If you like the look of a clean 10 spoke wheel, you should check out Rennsport One's new 1 piece forged wheel. Its one of the nicest looking wheels that I have seen in a long time. And its offered in custom sizes, offsets and finishes.
Johnny,
Nice looking wheel but I'm not big on the wide lip, just my conservative taste. Thanks

Old 02-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Wheel Studio
Johnny, the victor equipment wheels are specially made only for porsches. The offsets are not as aggressive as three piece nor do they cost any where near the three piece wheel cost. They are meant to fit like factory.
18x8 +45
18x9.5 +49
18x11 +36
I agree. However, the premise as to why most of the enthusiasts on this site upgrade their wheels is to change the look or "stance" of their vehicle toward something more aggressive. In addition, for those who are really focussed on performance, few would argue that the advantage of a lighter forged wheel is less unsprung weight and rotational mass.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:59 AM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Here are the 3 common criteria for most wheels on the market today:
light weight, inexpensive, strong - pick two.

However, personal opinion, unless you're doing time trials or events that saving a second or two matters going around a full track, a couple extra lbs per wheel will not kill anyone. Heck, unless you get paid to loose a few seconds between laps, why worry about it.
Look at some of the factory wheels from Porsche - 24 to 28#s are not uncommon for factory 18" and 19" wheels, respectively. And the truth is, strangers will always compliment how good the wheels look on the car. Heck, you can even lie and tell them they're forged. And at the end of the day, that's what most of us want to hear - that gratification for our "labor".

BTW, I saw someone selling a set of used Victor wheels for like 800 or 1000 with tires for boxster/cayman. It was either here or on one of the other boards - rennlist or renntech. And if you find they sit a little inside the wheel well for your taste, toss a couple of spacers on and they'll look good.

Here are a couple of before and after picture from my car:
Before spacer (factory):
After adding 15mm:
Good luck!

Last edited by lithium1330; 02-21-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Light weight, inexpensive and strong are terms that are seldom intermixed when referring to high quality after-market wheels.

People seem to dismiss the critical significance of wheels as it relates to their function, and focus mainly on how they look. In all of the modifications that have been made to my vehicle, perhaps the most noticeable improvement in performance can be attributed to the wheel "application". Indeed, it was a night and day difference over the oem wheels with regard to acceleration, braking and overall handling. And in the end they looked good too !

Attached Images  

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 02-21-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the great feedback guys, hmmm... decisions, decisions.

I really like the look of these wheels on the 987

Attached Images  

Last edited by Bob in NY; 02-21-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:02 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
People seem to dismiss the critical significance of wheels as it relates to their function, and focus mainly on how they look. In all of the modifications that have been made to my vehicle, perhaps the most noticeable improvement in performance can be attributed to the wheel "application". Indeed, it was a night and day difference over the oem wheels with regard to acceleration, braking and overall handling. And in the end they looked good too !
I think a lot of us want to believe the weigh saved will make us faster... The fact is... 20 lbs of weight saved or 10HP gained means very little in the real world. Look at the Boxster Spyder vs. regular Boxster S. Spyder has 320HP and 170lbs saved, yet it is no more than .5 second quicker to 60mph (4.8s) compared to even the 295HP Boxster S (5.1s). Factor in the driver and his/her skills the gain will be a wash.

So, IMO, unless you're racing for money, you'll get more compliments (and who would turn down compliments?) on the street with a set of wheels that visually appeals to you (& others - if you care what others think) the most.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by lithium1330
I think a lot of us want to believe the weigh saved will make us faster... The fact is... 20 lbs of weight saved or 10HP gained means very little in the real world. Look at the Boxster Spyder vs. regular Boxster S. Spyder has 320HP and 170lbs saved, yet it is no more than .5 second quicker to 60mph (4.8s) compared to even the 295HP Boxster S (5.1s). Factor in the driver and his/her skills the gain will be a wash.

So, IMO, unless you're racing for money, you'll get more compliments (and who would turn down compliments?) on the street with a set of wheels that visually appeals to you (& others - if you care what others think) the most.
Its not simply about how fast we can go from a to z, but rather its the balance, poise and overall "feel" of the vehicle along the way that's important. Wheels have a unique and tactile feature to them that acceleration alone can't qualify.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Victor Wheels?