Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone tracked their boxster at Laguna Seca and not passed 92db?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
fuhrius is infamous around these parts
anyone tracked their boxster at Laguna Seca and not passed 92db?

obviously, with an aftermarket exhaust.
I'm taking mine to LS a couple days this month as suspect I won't pass...I've got a techart exhaust / header setup.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:07 PM
2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough
Last time that I was at Laguna with my 08 Cayman S with the Porsche Sports Exhaust I was black flagged for sound in the very last session of the day for a sound violation of 94dB.

The PSE is substantially quieter than many of the aftermarket exhausts out there for the 987 platform, so I suspect that your car might get black flagged if you are running a TechArt header/exhaust combo

Old 03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
halfpint is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2slow2speed
Last time that I was at Laguna with my 08 Cayman S with the Porsche Sports Exhaust I was black flagged for sound in the very last session of the day for a sound violation of 94dB.

The PSE is substantially quieter than many of the aftermarket exhausts out there for the 987 platform, so I suspect that your car might get black flagged if you are running a TechArt header/exhaust combo
Wow, that sux. I guess I won't be taking my Box to LS. I have the AP exhaust and I know that is definitely louder than the PSE.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:39 PM
no black flags for me

4 days at LS so far this year, not a single flag for noise on my car.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 PM
2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by fuhrius
4 days at LS so far this year, not a single flag for noise on my car.
Wow, that is pretty good, are you lifting between turns 5 and 6? How hard are you driving, are you WOT between 6 and 7 as well as through 8-9-10? Are you timing? if so what are your laptimes?

The reason why I am asking is because I was black flagged on my stock Cayman S with PSE last year and that car was substantially quieter than my previous track car that was a 3.2L NSX with lots of track mods with I/H/E + many aero bits that was about 7 seconds faster than the Cayman S.

On my NSX I would try to cheat by not going WOT between 5 and 6, and then try to make up the time by going all out between 6 and 7 and pretty much WOT through the entire corkscrew/rany corner all the way to 10, I was black flagged by the moving sound station several times, it got to the point that I stopped tracking the NSX at Laguna due to the sound violations .

It makes me wonder if they are still using a moving sound monitoring station along with the fixed one between 5 and 6.

Last edited by 2slow2speed; 04-29-2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: typos
Old 04-30-2010, 08:47 AM
not lifting

I was lifting at first, but the last few days haven't lifted once. the only sound check that I know if is after 5.
in terms of being wide open after 6...yes, I'm wide open thru 7 until I get on the brakes for 8.
lap times are in the 1:47-1:48 typically. on street tires.