Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else in love with the Boxster Spyder as much as I am??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Anyone else in love with the Boxster Spyder as much as I am??

I think this car just looks gorgeous and I am completely bias because my first Porsche was a Boxster. Now I've gone to a 997 C2S, and now the Cayenne GTS but my heart has always been with my beloved Boxster.

Anyone offering a massive discount on these things yet? (Long shot I know)

I think this vehicle with PDK, black HRE P40's with a white pinstripe would be amazing!

I should stay away from the dealership for a while to resist the compulsive urge to buy..

Old 03-12-2010, 05:12 PM
navanod is infamous around these partsnavanod is infamous around these parts
Yes... I love it too!

To answer your question... The days of massive discounts on Porsche's are long gone. Porsche has since cut back on production big time to create a demand. Each dealer was allocated between 1-3 Spyders. North American sales are projected to be 600 cars for the year. Your dealers first allocation should show up the beginning of April as Porsche is doing a Port hold for initial release. If you want to see a ton of pictures, go here: http://www.au-297.fotki.com

Old 03-13-2010, 12:00 AM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
I really like the concept of it and how it looks as well....IMHO

Old 03-13-2010, 05:01 AM
ESEL is a glorious beacon of lightESEL is a glorious beacon of lightESEL is a glorious beacon of lightESEL is a glorious beacon of lightESEL is a glorious beacon of light
I think it is a great looking car and cannot wait for someone to buy it, post pics and do a writeup on this forum!

Old 03-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
I love it also, Porsche did an awesome job on it.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:40 PM
john weires is infamous around these parts
I love the lightweight less is more concept, and the styling far surpasses the Boxster. It may be my next car purchase once I find some more garage. I don't live in year round warm/moderate climate and will need to see first hand how the top protects as well as goes up and down. I know it adds weight, which is partially concept defeating, but A/C will probably be necessary if I don't want to be limited to the 30 whole days in Iowa out of the year it's actually comfortable to drive with the top down. Most of the time it's either freezing, raining, or hot and humid.
In place of actual seasons in Iowa, we have ICE, MUD & DIRT instead.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:23 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
You're not going to see any discounts on these until Christmas at the earliest, expect to pay full MSRP (or close to it) on a BoxSpy until the newness wears off, then they will languish on dealer lots like all specialty cars eventually do.

The Erect-a-top is going to be a huge pain. Its single ply, and REALLY will be for use in warm climes just for emergency use when the rain comes. It won't have the triple liner of the standard Boxster Top, nor of course the ease of operation. The car itself will be lower by 1" and it will be more harsh on the ride as well. My Box S has 19" wheels on it and is harsh enough already for a street car, I can't imaging dialing in even more unless I want a track car. Most all will come with the A/C and radio option boxes checked off, you can count on that. You would probably have to special order one without those two options.

I'd not trade my standard Boxster for this one, just because it has a cool spoiler and speed humps. The mainline car is far more practical for daily use and driving. But if you have a stable of cars and can afford to have a whimsical one such as this to take out on perfect sunny days, then it would be a great toy.

Last edited by drcollie; 03-15-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:28 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Topless wonder............

I agree, hot looking 2nd or 3rd car, but in the league of the early Vipers as far as the top up looks. Makes the BMW 6 series convertible (almost no pics of top up on BMW site) seem attractive................................

Old 03-16-2010, 02:27 PM
MnMFTW is infamous around these parts
Agreed +1

Old 03-16-2010, 11:31 PM
outerbank is infamous around these parts
From the look in mags, and the write ups, I love the new spyder. Add a turbo and it would really rock!!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Justahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud of
The car is sick looking! Seen them in person and are amazing. Just a bit pricey.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:32 PM
lobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these parts
imagine this car with a TPC turbo on it... it would be one little rocket.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 PM
guod is infamous around these parts
I'm not a huge fan of verts but I really like the spyder

Old 03-22-2010, 03:10 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
Based on what I have read and seen, I actually like it a lot.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lobo1186
imagine this car with a TPC turbo on it... it would be one little rocket.
that should be our car in ~2 months

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else in love with the Boxster Spyder as much as I am??