Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SharkWerks to close its doors at 4444 Technology Drive....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Red face SharkWerks to close its doors at 4444 Technology Drive....

There is Junior signing off

We've had a great run and 5 good years at our 4444 Technology Drive spot but other than the address we've always hankered for more space/room and overall better layout. As Chief Brodie said, "We're gonna need a bigger boat". It's taken some time but we're finally preparing to move into our new space. To avoid downtime/inconvenience there will be some overlap between us having both locations open/functional but suffice it to say that we're staying put in NorCal (and Fremont). Hence we're either going to be equally as close as we were before or as far away as we were with the old shop. In fact, the new spot is about 1/4 of a mile away from us but it's going to allow us some much needed breathing room. As far as expanding we're not envisioning anything of the sort. Got no plans for world domination and we intend to keep things as personal and hands-on as it is now. SharkWerks will still still be the same old James, Dan, Joan and myself along with occasional guest appearances from Jurgen the German.

A few pictures of the place coming together...

From the front entrance/corner you can see we'll still have lot's of green and trees. Gotta keep greenies happy. There's a 12 foot wide sign that's being made by our friends at Premier (thanks fellas) which will likely go up next week sometime. That way you'll easily spot us.

A few more parking spots up front:

And over to the inside. Here's the shop area otherwise known as James' playground:

James' other playground is the nicely-sized (500sq feet) dedicated engine room where all the 3.9L and some crazy Twin Turbo motors will get built.

Small Power Tools/Fabrication room adjacent to the shop area:

Just finished painting:

The opening you see here leads into:

a nice bonus fabrication room for James to play with his mill, welders, lathes and other Lego...

WC (water closet not World Challenge!) for the shop...

Kitchen/meeting area and the customer WC (La Toilette):

Other side of the kitchen area. Probably a meeting room or something.

Customer front/lounge etc....

Other side of reception area... offices being built.

Another office probably where will put all the media/gear for making those utterly confusing videos:

Peep hole into James' engine fishbowl.

Side with parking:

Side and back with more spots for parking:

The back has a lot of parking too...

Anyways, it's business as usual around here and please bear with us during the move. We just let go the last 3.9L that we'll ever build at the old location to Canada yesterday. We've got a few small projects to work on and wrap up (including our 996 GT3 which we'd rather not "push" over to the new spot). I just wanted to say a VERY warm and heartfelt thanks to you chaps and ladies for being so supportive of us over the last 5 years. So thanks for flying with us and your enthusiasm, passion and general love of all things Porsche keeps us lot here married to the cars day in day out. I'll keep you guys posted as and when things get going but for now back to work

Old 05-27-2010, 02:58 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Congrats! While I've never been to your shop before, the new place looks awesome! I try to vacation in NorCal once a year... and will definitely make sure your shop in on my next travel agenda!

Old 05-27-2010, 03:24 PM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Do the neighbors know what you fellers do for a living?

Chief Brodie/Sharks...ter

Old 05-27-2010, 04:21 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PRS 7
Do the neighbors know what you fellers do for a living?

Chief Brodie/Sharks...ter
LOL yes they're in for a world of Porsche And glad you got the Jaws line

Originally Posted by lithium1330
Congrats! While I've never been to your shop before, the new place looks awesome! I try to vacation in NorCal once a year... and will definitely make sure your shop in on my next travel agenda!
Thank you and for sure if you're ever out here say allo!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:33 PM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
You may as well send them all a fruit and cheese basket now.

Heck, the ones next door may be subject to a meat roll of some sort as well as fruit and cheese. Wine might not be a bad idea either.

Or peach brandy.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PRS 7
You may as well send them all a fruit and cheese basket now.

Heck, the ones next door may be subject to a meat roll of some sort as well as fruit and cheese. Wine might not be a bad idea either.

Or peach brandy.

They will learn to love us, and we may as well get in early with the good side.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:10 PM
mlambert890 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new space! Looks awesome...

Old 05-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Cartel is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! All the best throughout the move and please keep us all updated as the project moves along.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Cartel
Congratulations! All the best throughout the move and please keep us all updated as the project moves along.
Thanks and we've got a "major" one
Originally Posted by mlambert890
Congrats on the new space! Looks awesome...
Thank you!

Here is James & Junior (me) installing the sign itself:

What you don't see is James rollocking me for dropping the hardware...

Of course he got the nice ladder and I didn't. It was quite wobbly at 20 feet...

James doing the all important fin...

And all done:

Old 06-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
sharkster

and to start things off at the new shop you are going to install a TPC turbo on my Cayman for Free !!! man I have great ideas

New place looks like the Big Time for Sharkwerks .Awsome building ,you guys deserve it

Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Porschepet
and to start things off at the new shop you are going to install a TPC turbo on my Cayman for Free !!! man I have great ideas

New place looks like the Big Time for Sharkwerks .Awsome building ,you guys deserve it
hehe... aw thanks man We're going to work twice as hard I think

Old 08-07-2010, 09:34 PM
FrankinCayman is infamous around these parts
Alax James Dan, place looks Really nice! How about some pics of finished product?

Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by FrankinCayman
Alax James Dan, place looks Really nice! How about some pics of finished product?
Thanks mate! And for sure... here we are operational now
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/463-post2.html