Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder on Track. SCCA TT and DE Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 08:53 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Spyder on Track. SCCA TT and DE Day

I usually just do DE track days and drive around and destroy brake pads and tire rubber, but signed up for a SCCA "PDX" event at Reno-Fernley Race in Nevada.

The time trial portion was split between Club Trials (street cars) and Track Trails (race prepped). I ran Mr. Spyder in Club Trials (of course) as he is 100% stock except for 6 point harnesses and Pilot Sport Cup tires.

Bottom line: I ran this particular track configuration (they have 6 or 8) one day last year just hacking around on the track. Yesterday I had one session of coaching (by the driver of what would be the fastest car of the day ) and two solo sessions before the timed runs.

I placed 3rd out of 15 or 18 cars in that class behind my coach, who was driving a Nissan GT-R and another driver in a well driven Corvette.

Casey at TPC has hooked me up with a set of their adjustable anti-sway bars which he swears will transform my already potent track toy. Can't wait to install them next week!

Also the front is desperate for more negative camber, GT3 LCA's are here and ready for install to cure that problem. My RF tire after 4 CCW track days is one lap away from cording the outside edge

Here is the vid of my best lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPk4VAnkfzI

Attached Images   
Old 06-06-2010, 11:49 AM
fuhrius is infamous around these parts
nice

what data logger setup are you using? I like that output.