Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very sad news

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:43 AM
mihink is infamous around these parts
She left part of her car on the HWY...never, ever do that. However at 6 AM, the Porsche driver could have pulled to the next lane and not hit her. No winners here..RIP.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
How did his car flip 5 times and go 260 feet across 5 lines of traffice and walks away with minor injuries?

Old 10-22-2010, 01:58 PM
mdude is infamous around these parts
sad..

Old 10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
ajb_unc is infamous around these parts
Geez I can't believe that Cayman was able to cross 5 lanes and the guy was still alive.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:14 AM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
It's sad that she died, but she should have done everything she could to get that car COMPLETELY off the road. It's not difficult to push a car a couple feet if it's in neutral. Even my 102lb Japanese wife can push a car.

Here in Japan, on the expressways (similar to an American freeway), if you break down on the side of the highway, you will be ticketed because you are causing a dangerous situation for other drivers. Also, if someone hits you, it's completely your fault, regardless of the circumstances.

I'm not blaming her, but from my time living in the US (20 years of my life), I saw more piece of crap broken down cars on the side of the road half sticking out into the lane, and they were just asking to be hit by another car. This was obviously a case of negligence, I just think people are too quick to jump on the Porsche driver because "OMG HE WAS DRIVING A SPORTS CAR! HE MUST HAVE BEEN SPEEDING AND HIGH ON DRUGS!!" It's a bunch of crap, without knowing all of the details people are jumping on the Porsche driver. Give it some time, more details should come out.

Oh, and good on Porsche engineering since that Cayman driver obviously went through a big crash and came out fairly well.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 AM
jbauza is infamous around these parts
Feel sorry for the lady and her family, to suggest that she gets out of the car to push it is insane. This is not Japan, and the driver who rear ends is at fault. Will have to wait and get all the facts.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
Suggesting that she make an effort to move her car completely off of a ~70mph highway is insane? Well lock me up then, I must be crazy.

Had she moved it completely off, this accident probably wouldn't have happened.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:28 PM
JP66 is infamous around these partsJP66 is infamous around these parts
We don't know all the circumstances on what happened. I love how so many people rush to judgement without knowing the facts. She did leave part of her car out in the oncoming lane with flashers on. She should have got out of the car and stayed 25+ feet away, or got her car all the way off the shoulder if she knew it was sticking out. He should have been more alert.

Assumptions...At 6am in the dark, an oncoming car may see the flashers and assume the car is off the fwy, and not realize the car is sticking out till it's to late. Maybe he wasn't able to switch lanes right away due to other cars, or a car in front of his switched lanes and then he saw the flashing car at the last second. Maybe he was in the other lane and moved to the slow lane just as he was about to pass her. Maybe he was texting or sexting. Maybe her car just broke down a few seconds before she got hit, and she didn't have time to get out of the car, or even realize her car was sticking out. At 65mph, if he clipped the back of her car, it's not to hard to flip and roll. There are many possibilities on what happened. Save your judgements till the facts are out.

They are probably both to blame. She should have got out of the car (common sense even if you are all the way on the shoulder) or at least got her car out of the oncoming lane if possible, and he should have been more alert.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:40 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Christian
You are an idiot if you honestly think this was her fault. You say its ok if he was speeding, not paying attention, etc and that its her fault, how old are you, 5, my 6 year old daughter has more common sense than you do
This was obviously HER FAULT. She left her car "partially in a lane" on a public highway and then SAT IN IT INSTEAD OF GETTING OUT.

Darwinism. Sad, but Darwinism nonetheless.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:11 AM
essayons is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by superbike81
Suggesting that she make an effort to move her car completely off of a ~70mph highway is insane? Well lock me up then, I must be crazy.

Had she moved it completely off, this accident probably wouldn't have happened.
and if he had moved over a lane to not hit the stationary object, the accident wouldn't have happened as well.

If he had left for work 30 minutes earlier, it wouldn't have happened.

If she had prevented her car from breaking down, it wouldn't have happened.

If it were a Saturday, it may not have happened.

If the Porsche driver had gotten ripped out of his head the night before and been too hungover to go to work it wouldn't have happened.

The proximate cause of the accident, though, is the porsche driver striking the stationary object in the road. When driving your car, you have sole responsibility for maintaining control over your vehicle and avoiding objects in the road.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:44 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Sad situation. Very unfortunate. I wonder how long she was sitting in that lane for. A good friend of mine had her Jetta die on her on the highway. There was barely a shoulder so the car was partly in the lane. After a few minutes she got out of the car and walked to a safer area. Within a minute or two of leaving her car a tractor trailer smashed into her car at 50mph. The car look like a destroyed accordion with headlights on it. You can't assume people won't hit your car just because you are there.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:24 PM
996TTFred is infamous around these parts
The tragedy here is that her family, brothers, sisters, and children are going to grow up without her.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lobo1186
she stayed in her car while it was sitting still on the highway. you can be as insulting as you wish but she paid for her idiocy. it may be harsh but I will not absolve her for her mistakes just because she is dead and it is tragic for her family.

imagine she had done what she was supposed to and exited her vehicle and that guy had hit her car and HE was dead. Im sure you would say she has no fault? please... I never said he has no fault because he sure does but if he gets anything more than a reckless driving charge its out of pity for a dead mother.

go ahead blame other people but at the end of the day the only person you can control is yourself EVEN IF he burns SHE is still dead and its her own fault. she should have known how to control HER vehicle and done what she could have to protect HERSELF.
You my friend have no heart or brain for that matter.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:44 PM
lobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
You my friend have no heart or brain for that matter.

No heart?... probably. No brain?... just because you do not want to hear it does not make it untrue. By all means rely on other drivers on the road to keep you safe.

Who cares whos fault it is. The lesson everyone here can take from this is that you are your best protection from harm or injury. Especially on the road.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
cbzzoom is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lobo1186
No heart?... probably. No brain?... just because you do not want to hear it does not make it untrue. By all means rely on other drivers on the road to keep you safe.
Yeah, you are a heartless idiot and this thread is pretty sickening. Obviously people should try to get out of the highway, but there are myriad reasons why they might not be able to. You guys need to shut up and show some respect for someone who was tragically killed.

For your information, most of Hwy 75 through Dallas has about 4 feet of shoulder on the right side of the highway. If you pull over as far to the right as is physically possible, you will have your car partially in the far right lane of traffic. There's also nowhere to get out of your car, as it has walls along much of the highway and is not at street level.

It's also a wide multi-lane freeway. If you see someone with their emergency flashers on the right side of the highway, there is absolutely no reason you should be in that right lane, you get over one lane.

Without knowing the full details it is impossible to say what happened exactly, but from everything in the article and what I know about 75 it sounds like the driver killed did what they should have and the Cayman driver was grossly negligent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very sad news