Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very sad news

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 06:13 PM
LeonL is infamous around these parts
Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM
pinoyamg is infamous around these parts
Really sad..... Guys leave the speed on a "track".

Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
pinoyamg

doesnt sound like he was speeding ,the article says she left part of the car in the drivers lane .

6am in the morning ,you just gotta be aware at all times
would like to hear his side of the story

Old 09-05-2010, 04:53 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Porschepet
doesnt sound like he was speeding ...
That's how I read it as well, although the comments below the article would have the Cayman driver strung up by his short hairs in .02 nanoseconds.

As tragic as it is, and it is tragic, it may very well not be 'criminal'. If you break down and are unable to get your car all the way off the road, then why would you stay inside.. (not speculating, just wondering). If she had been able to get out, and the Cayman drive had been killed, would they be considering charges against her?..

There are no winners in situations like this.. it truly is a sad event.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
At the speed limit he would have had 10+ seconds to see and respond to a car partially in his lane with the flashers on.

The guy should be in jail and should never drive again; he obviously is to stupid to be allowed on the road.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tpup
At the speed limit he would have had 10+ seconds to see and respond to a car partially in his lane with the flashers on.

The guy should be in jail and should never drive again; he obviously is to stupid to be allowed on the road.
I kinda of agree despite what he was driving. if she had her hazards on than either A) he was speeding B) not paying attention C) drunk/etc

Old 09-05-2010, 05:55 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Porschepet
doesnt sound like he was speeding ,the article says she left part of the car in the drivers lane .

6am in the morning ,you just gotta be aware at all times
would like to hear his side of the story

+1 Me too The only good thing is how well built the Porsche is. It could of been worse if the both passed away. Its still very tragic. RIP

Old 09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
lobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these parts

as sad as it may be, its her own fault. you leave your car in the highway? big deal her car stalled. you have from (assuming) 65 to zero mph go 20 feet to the right.

sure he was not paying attention maybe he was speeding last thing most would expect is a dumbass with her car stalled left in the road with her in it.

and while we should expect the unexpected... not everyone realizes it in time.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lobo1186
as sad as it may be, its her own fault. you leave your car in the highway? big deal her car stalled. you have from (assuming) 65 to zero mph go 20 feet to the right.

sure he was not paying attention maybe he was speeding last thing most would expect is a dumbass with her car stalled left in the road with her in it.

I don't agre with you and the law does not support your position. Cars stop on highways all the time; it's your responsibility to control you vehicle. This is no different than if she stopped due to traffic or an obstruction and he rear ended her.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !

You are an idiot if you honestly think this was her fault. You say its ok if he was speeding, not paying attention, etc and that its her fault, how old are you, 5, my 6 year old daughter has more common sense than you do

Old 09-12-2010, 05:06 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
regardless of who is to blame, it was tragic. I highly doubt he got up that morning and said he wanted kill someone. you guys are just as bad as the people leaving the comments up there. It was an accident, it was morning, the vehicle was partly in his lane. It was a tragic accident, and before we cast stones, we all have broken the speed, possibly had close encounters with an accident, took our eyes off the road while driving to change the radio station, pick up a phone, grab a coffee... hell I myself do not understand how i make it to work in the morning safely and I don't drink, do drugs, or speed excessively... and have had many close calls.

Last edited by JBONDOx; 09-12-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:17 PM
lobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Christian
You are an idiot if you honestly think this was her fault. You say its ok if he was speeding, not paying attention, etc and that its her fault, how old are you, 5, my 6 year old daughter has more common sense than you do
she stayed in her car while it was sitting still on the highway. you can be as insulting as you wish but she paid for her idiocy. it may be harsh but I will not absolve her for her mistakes just because she is dead and it is tragic for her family.

imagine she had done what she was supposed to and exited her vehicle and that guy had hit her car and HE was dead. Im sure you would say she has no fault? please... I never said he has no fault because he sure does but if he gets anything more than a reckless driving charge its out of pity for a dead mother.

go ahead blame other people but at the end of the day the only person you can control is yourself EVEN IF he burns SHE is still dead and its her own fault. she should have known how to control HER vehicle and done what she could have to protect HERSELF.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I don't agre with you and the law does not support your position. Cars stop on highways all the time; it's your responsibility to control you vehicle. This is no different than if she stopped due to traffic or an obstruction and he rear ended her.
You are right. However, cars do not stop in driving lanes all the time. (I have seen it once before but it was bumper to bumper traffic on a bridge not much the driver could have done.) Whether or not the laws support what I say will depend on the state and what the jury/judge thinks.

Likewise it was her duty also to control her vehicle. As said before she had the whole time from driving speed to 0 mph to get OFF the road. She did not that is failure to control her vehicle. (Maybe there was some extenuating circumstance who knows.) Then she stays in while its still on the highway. She paid the price. He will too whether we agree with it or not.

Last edited by lobo1186; 09-12-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Spelling/Gramatical errors
Old 09-12-2010, 06:58 PM
BoxsterG is infamous around these parts

The article does provide all the facts regarding why she couldnt get the car pulled off the road completely. I can guess why many things occurred but could be wrong about all of them.

However, I dont have to guess that you are an IDIOT and it is our fault for ever listening to anything you may have ever said or will say.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by BoxsterG
The article does provide all the facts regarding why she couldnt get the car pulled off the road completely. I can guess why many things occurred but could be wrong about all of them.

However, I dont have to guess that you are an IDIOT and it is our fault for ever listening to anything you may have ever said or will say.
I fail to see how my apathetic viewpoint makes me an idiot. Luckily for me an Ad Hominem does not hurt my feelings. (no matter how maliciously intended. What have I done to personally offend you exactly?). If it offends you to hear someone have a differing opinion than you then I apologize now but these things will happen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very sad news