Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster and Cayman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:32 AM
GTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud of
It's funny that this type of discussion comes up once in a while. The same thing happens in E90Post all the time: Every month or two someone will comment negatively on the E93 for being slower becasue it weights some 300lbs more, and most of the additional weight is in the trunk when the top is down. The the E93 guys will fire back saying the hardtop folks can't even begin to comprehend how much open air fun they are missing.

In the car world the grass is always greener inside YOUR OWN fence.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Cajundaddy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by harryrcb
I'm with you, I've been told more that a few times by my peers about the looseness of my nut? I pretty much have the same hit list although I apparently have a slightly faster car with 248 RWHP so you might have a little looser nut then me, or better tires , what are you running for tires? I have just graduated to Mich pilot sport cups and I'm thinking when these wear out (which shouldn't be too long) I will look into Hoosier or somethin along that line. BTW, I only have 1 GT3 on my list but it was driven by a "Girl" so I don't know if that counts.
Attachment 134615
My car is a Time Trial car built to Boxster Spec X rules: Stock motor, stock shocks, full interior w A/C, comp sways, 2960 lbs w driver, Nitto/Toyo 100tw tires. If I behave I get about 10 track days on my tires. Hoosiers would be 3 sec. faster but not BSX class legal and only good for 3 days I'll pass.

One of the GT3s I outran last week was a long time instructor at the Nordschleife Germany. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring

He raced the 24hr Nurburgring with Sabine Schmitz. Nice feather. He is a great guy just sorting out his newly acquired car. I knew the track and was on better tires. Next time he will destroy me

Old 10-07-2010, 02:47 PM
harryrcb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cajundaddy
My car is a Time Trial car built to Boxster Spec X rules: Stock motor, stock shocks, full interior w A/C, comp sways, 2960 lbs w driver, Nitto/Toyo 100tw tires. If I behave I get about 10 track days on my tires. Hoosiers would be 3 sec. faster but not BSX class legal and only good for 3 days I'll pass.

One of the GT3s I outran last week was a long time instructor at the Nordschleife Germany. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring

He raced the 24hr Nurburgring with Sabine Schmitz. Nice feather. He is a great guy just sorting out his newly acquired car. I knew the track and was on better tires. Next time he will destroy me
SWEET ! but I have to ask you, how much do you way? like about 10 lbs? just kidding, I love it when you can beat in instructor, I took one on that recently bought a GT2 (used) and I flew past him, he introduced himself afterwards and explained that was his first ride in the car and he was sorting things out. I just smiled and nodded my head. BTW I USE my AC when I drive, it's just too hot in summer to go without. don't care much about the 1 hp or whatever it uses.
I think we may have hijacked this thread, but oh well, its all in fun

Old 12-28-2010, 06:28 PM
netjack is infamous around these parts
boxsters > caymans in rattles!

Old 12-28-2010, 06:30 PM
netjack is infamous around these parts
Cayman also feels a bit more spacious in having the space (internal cabin) over the engine...

Old 12-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Boxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
The difference is Woman drive Boxsters, Men drive Caymans.

Only kidding guys don't kill me
I don't see the problem with your statement.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Boxster_S_girl
I don't see the problem with your statement.
Its a knee jerk reaction for a guy to make a comment like that but that is truly not how I feel. The Boxster is a incredible handling car and I am the first one to stick up for it when I hear guys' talking about it even though I own a Cayman. Either way they are both great cars and really just comes down to whether you want a convertible or not. GL

Old 12-30-2010, 02:56 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Its a knee jerk reaction for a guy to make a comment like that but that is truly not how I feel. The Boxster is a incredible handling car and I am the first one to stick up for it when I hear guys' talking about it even though I own a Cayman. Either way they are both great cars and really just comes down to whether you want a convertible or not. GL
I Totally agree, same here

Old 12-30-2010, 03:45 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Love them both. One of the best combinations out there in terms of DD, car feel, handling and luxury.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:01 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Yes, may even consider getting the new redesigned 2012 Boxster....that is if the new 991 looks like a toad