Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder does well at Global Tuner GP at Laguna Seca!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Spyder does well at Global Tuner GP at Laguna Seca!

TC Kline had a few great days of racing with his Spyder in Laguna Seca this weekend. He set fastest time each day in his Street Class and won that category today at the first ever Global Tuner Grand Prix. He was running on street tires with Yokohoma Neova AD08 (265/30 19" fronts and 295/30 19" rears). Apparently he has developed a special suspension set up for the Spyder that he was using on his car. It is a TC Kline/Sachs racing coil over kit, a lighter weight Street Flywheel, Sachs clutch kit with the OEM factory limited slip. TC first became known for his BMW tuning talents. He has now expanded to Porsches and I think this Spyder is his first effort with P-cars. So far, so good. He has operations in Santa Barbara, CA and Hilliard, Ohio. His was the only Spyder on the field all weekend. There were at least another Boxster and several Caymans entered. The entire Global Tuner GP had a lot of entries but very little public attendance. They need to do a better advertising job to get fans out at the track. The weather didn't cooperate. Some rain on Saturday and Sunday. But overall, it was a great weekend of racing activities in which Porsches were the grand majority of entrants. z356 (Carmel)

http://www.globaltunergp.com/results_street.php

Attached Images  

Last edited by Z356; 10-26-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:54 PM
bhoov14 is infamous around these parts
Glad to see that TC is doing well. He and is son were gracious enough to show me their Spyder at Elkhart Lake earlier this fall (he also wanted to see the enhancements that I made to my Spyder). Class act, beautiful car, and outstanding people!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:20 PM
chaud is infamous around these parts
Wow, those were some pretty good times posted in that Spyder... very nice!