Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Houston!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 PM
ChrisKaze is infamous around these parts
Hello from Houston!

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. My name is Chris, and I hail from Houston TX. I am 22, I like cars. And thats about it, im not very interesting.

I dont know where the "Introduction" section is on this forum so I think I will just post here. Recently I had a accident, so I am in need of a new car! I found this forum very informative and answered a lot of my car questions so I decided to join!

This was my first car, and upon seeing it all battered and broken I felt kind of bad...I guess im sentimental... Anyways Insurance gave me my check, so hopefully I will be updating my picture album with happier pictures within the next week or two

Old 02-26-2011, 03:17 PM
GTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud of
Welcome aboard and sorry to hear what happened to your car.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:46 PM
harryrcb is infamous around these parts
+1 OUCH, hope you and whoever was with you did not sustain any injuries. Please tell use what happened , I'm sure everyone is curious? Hopefully you got enough money to purchase and "S"? Welcome and good luck in finding you next ride.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Hello!

Well harryrcb I was actually deciding on another car prior to the accident but I was so impressed with my old Boxster that I decided to stay with the Porsche family. As we speak my local dealer is looking for a 977 for me!

I guess I had a slick tire that needed replacing, and it was pretty rainy that day so I just happened to hit a little water puddle on the ground. At first my car lost a little traction and veered to the right slightly, I responded by counter steering to the left a little and then I got that "weightless" im on ice feeling and I knew I was screwed. The car was skidding to the left and I hit the guard rail, I guess I bounced away from the guardrail at some point and because my wheels where still pointed to the left, my car continued turning left until I was perpendicular with the road IE: Me staring straight at the guardrail, then the car flipped over once, landing hard on the passenger side, and rolling over back upright. I should have got some shots of the passenger side, the damage was way more than the driver side. I was not injured, and with the seriousness of the crash it was miraculous. I was so impressed that I decided my next car is going to be another Porsche a 911!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Byprodriver is infamous around these parts
Hi Chris, welcome & I'm glad your "learning experience" is going OK. Those rollover hoops on Boxsters are not just for looks they work very well, & can support the car if it is upside down. I'm guessing your old car did not have PorscheStabilityManagement which should have prevented the spin in the first place.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
wow, how fast were you going to high-side a boxster in the rain!? Very impressive there were no injuries.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 PM
harryrcb is infamous around these parts
Chris,
I'm glad you'r OK and I want you to remember one thing. The Boxster does handle better than the 911 in stock form. I mentioned stock because you can make any car handle if you throw enough money into it. You might really enjoy the Spyder or even a newer Cayman.
Good luck hunting
Harry

Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Wasnt going really quick round 60-65 with the flow of traffic. Should have known though, my rear tire treads where a little slick, but alas im still alive!

I took a look @ the new spyder, but I dont know...I think its just the "Idea" thats attractive, owning a Porche's legendary 911. I actually like the Cayman, IMO it looks better. I have a love hate relationship with the sloping rear of the 911, but as of recent I have started to see it in a different light and its getting more and more attractive.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:20 AM
bglz42 is infamous around these parts
Drive them both back to back and see which one you like best...