Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

400whp without forced induction?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:23 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheAzzurri
Has anyone managed to find some worth while performance modifications for the second gen cars?
Yes. I have a 2011 Boxster Spyder and i have the Fabspeed Race Exhaust system on the car. With just that mod alone i am now at 300whp (up from 291 stock) and it saved me 40 pounds off the car too. They say every 10 lbs saved = 1 hp gained (give or take) -- so that really gave me about 13whp in my car.

Never drove a Boxster S....but let me tell you - in my lightweight Spyder, 300whp is plenty of power. Especially once i get the air filter and EVOM Tune from them --- hope to be around 315-320whp....up almost 30whp from stock --- not bad for a few grand

Last edited by pearlcoupeg35; 06-06-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor
IMA Motorsport is infamous around these partsIMA Motorsport is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Metro

We are not far from a metro station, ck us out.

Cheers

Old 06-06-2011, 11:20 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Will 485hp NA work? It's only $$. Contact Dwain @ Vision Motorsports.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
400 crank horsepower for the 987.2 Cayman S / Boxster S is already available, possible and proven to be reliable. Our FrankenCayman project that we want to do is to put a 997.2 DFI 3.8 in a Cayman to make over 400 RWHP.

We can and have gotten a 987.2 to 400 horsepower at the crank via the following:

-Intake Redesign (different parts for the entire intake system from the filter to the intake runner ports - filter, plenum, throttle body, MAF tube, etc.)
- 987.2 DFI Pulley Kit (Redesigned pulley kit for the DFI 987.2 car that comes with an A/C delete idler, crank pulley, power steering pulley, water pump pulley, etc to get around bosses/case castings that prohibit you from making a smaller crank pulley)

-DME reprogramming for pump gas at 7300 RPM or race gas at 7300RPM all the way up to 8100 RPM
- Long tube race headers with race resonator muffler system
- Lightweight aluminum flywheel

If you want to go beyond 400 horsepower at the crank, you have to open the motor, but don't be scared because she can handle it.

No smoke and mirrors. 400 horsepower at the crank has lasted over 75 hours being spun at 7800RPM with horsepower and torque yet to fall off from the factory. No crank case blow by, no puking oil, etc. The 987.2 DFI motor is stout to say the least.

Again, the 3.8 DFI project is something we're working on now. Still lacking a customer but anyone with a 987.2 Boxster S/Cayman S can make these numbers!
WOW!!! is that the green cayman I see racing in the continential Motorsports challenge ? I did not relize BGB Motorsports was active on 6speed . I am a big fan of yours!!!

Old 06-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bgb

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't know if we were known over here. I am trying to be more active on here as well. And yes, it's the same green vinyl wrapped Cayman listed on the Build page of our website, Cayman #003 driven by Stew Tetreault, Guy Cosmo and myself (for the first 20 min of the VIR race ). She is the only active Porsche in the series.

Thanks again for being a fan of ours and the Cayman!
You kidding !!!! I have all the races recorded and frequently watch them !! especially when my gearhead frieds come over .I keep my fingers crossed and maybe a little cursing while watching you guys race in the series .
so you must be Anthony Massari ? I understand the Cayman is newer then the competition but I hope you guys can pull off a win this year .Great looking car BTW and YES when the race is on a group of us PNW'ers get together ,order pizza and drink a few beers and root you on we are here and watching !!! 10th place last weekend ,not too shabby
Thanks so much for representing the Cayman community .we REALLY appreciate it and we look forward to cheering you guys on .You are AWSOME!!

Last edited by Fluid987; 06-13-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I am not the famous Massari. I am John Tecce. Anthony drove for us at Barber and filled in at the Glen. I'm usually on the radio or on the box during the race. Not true...i'm usually pacing back and forth during the race wearing a hole in the tarmac behind the pit wall. Thanks again for the kind words. Sadly we will not be at Road America. We are going to hopefully regroup the Cayman effort but I will certainly keep you posted. Thanks again for the kind words.

John
What a bummer you wont be at Road America are you guys done for the season then ? I hope not ,it wont be the same without you guys there .Its really nice to see an owner like you John to take the time to post a few words to the Cayman community ,and also has the Kudos to get in the car on the track and take on the competition.
Hope you come around more often
You are living the life most of us can only dream about -Cheers

Old 08-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
If you had that much power in Grand Am we'd need to reconfigure the LSD again.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
keep up the good work guys! awesome to see what you guys are up to and really cool to see some more innovation and support for the Cayman platform. keep building them and racing em!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor
The Cayman is going to get better. Just wait until next year. Muahahahahaha!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Cajundaddy is infamous around these parts
400rwhp is easy enough. You just gotta think outside the box a little:
http://www.turnkeyenginesupply.com/p...d8-540-HP.html

Old 08-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Craig67 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
There is currently no "proven" way to get 400whp in a Gen 2 Car. We are getting close... And it will be significantly more than 400whp.
Depends how long you want to make 400+ HP!! You could always put a Nitrous kit on it!!

Old 08-15-2011, 01:32 PM
vinconist is infamous around these parts
just buy a faster car, if ur gona try and get 400 without a blower, its gona cost $$ not to mention dealing with reliability issues

Old 08-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by vinconist
just buy a faster car, if ur gona try and get 400 without a blower, its gona cost $$ not to mention dealing with reliability issues
The 3.8l DFI engine is dead nuts reliable. I really don't see a problem with running that engine. But there will always be naysayers whenever someone thinks outside of the box.

Regardless, it lives...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIz8G...embedded#at=19

Old 08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
vinconist is infamous around these parts
what i meant by reliability, i meant a 3.8 dfi compared to a oem engine set up, oem is obviously always more reliable then aftermarket

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 400whp without forced induction?