Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Boxster S, Best all around exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 05:49 PM
PorscheAzzurri is infamous around these parts
Does anyone have any real world experience with the full FVD or Fabspeed exhaust? Power gains/exhaust note description etc..

Old 05-09-2011, 02:33 AM
socalbreeze is infamous around these parts
Try Dansk. I love the sound.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:31 AM
crazymikie is infamous around these parts
I had the Milltek/Quicksilver on my Cayman. I loved it. No drone or anything, but when you opened it up, it sounded glorious.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
Have you taken a look at the Remus exhaust for your car yet?

Remus is one of the most recognized exhaust companies in the world, and they are an approved OEM supplier, so you know that anything you get from them will have perfect fit and finish.

Heres a pic of the exhaust with the new CF style exhaust tips!

Heres a sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFPEJ...ature=youtu.be

If this is something you are interested in, feel free to send me a PM!

Old 11-13-2019, 09:18 AM
Mike Petersen is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed gets my vote. I was able to find 25 HP and 19 ft-lbs while reducing weight 17 lbs. Sounds great as well. Here is a video of what I learned.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:56 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
My 981 Boxster S came with FVD/Brombacher exhaust - their sound version. It sounds really really good at cold start, not too aggressive driving around and pretty glorious at WOT. It really makes the 981 engine sound like a proper sports car. Really good sound. The only problem...drone getting on throttle and sadly, at hwy cruising speed in 7th gear on the highway.

Old 12-20-2019, 04:25 PM
Jbryant is infamous around these parts
I just finished my install of the Borla Exhaust for 981 Porsche on a 2015 Boxster S, Kit #140534:
https://www.borla.com/products/981_c...t__140534.html

Man This sounds AWESOME. Just what I was looking for, great sound.
It sounds way better than their video:

Old 01-24-2020, 08:06 AM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jbryant
I just finished my install of the Borla Exhaust for 981 Porsche on a 2015 Boxster S, Kit #140534:
https://www.borla.com/products/981_c...t__140534.html

Man This sounds AWESOME. Just what I was looking for, great sound.
It sounds way better than their video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg4T6ZSkAk8
From what I have read, the Borla also suffers from cabin drone, right on the throttle at a certain RPM range...and in 7th gear on the highway on PDK equipped cars. True?

Old 03-16-2021, 02:52 PM
Registered PM
parrnan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MotoJB
My 981 Boxster S came with FVD/Brombacher exhaust - their sound version. It sounds really really good at cold start, not too aggressive driving around and pretty glorious at WOT. It really makes the 981 engine sound like a proper sports car. Really good sound. The only problem...drone getting on throttle and sadly, at hwy cruising speed in 7th gear on the highway.
This spring, I'll add a PSE or a FVD exhaust (sound version) on my 2014 Boxster S. The PSE is more expensive as it requires to install a valve controler kit and I need to buy new exhaust tips (Fabspeed true X-pipe to get few HPs). It will cost about $1,300 more than the FVD. I would like a relativly quiet exhaust under 3000 RPM and a beast over 3000 RPM. I like both sounds PSE and FVD and was consedering to go with the FVD, but my 981S is PDK and you say that it drones... Which, might be a problem. Does it drones a lots ? Thanks!

Old 03-16-2021, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by parrnan
This spring, I'll add a PSE or a FVD exhaust (sound version) on my 2014 Boxster S. The PSE is more expensive as it requires to install a valve controler kit and I need to buy new exhaust tips (Fabspeed true X-pipe to get few HPs). It will cost about $1,300 more than the FVD. I would like a relativly quiet exhaust under 3000 RPM and a beast over 3000 RPM. I like both sounds PSE and FVD and was consedering to go with the FVD, but my 981S is PDK and you say that it drones... Which, might be a problem. Does it drones a lots ? Thanks!
FVD really sounds glorious at WOT and during PDK downshifts. Pretty aggressive and makes the Boxster very fun to drive.

The drone is pretty much in every gear, right on the throttle in lower RPM's and is pretty bad cruising in 7th on the freeway. Yes, it drones a pretty good amount and it bothers me a bit, especially when I go from the Turbo S to the wife's Boxster. The drone hits me as a bit bothersome but I also find that after driving it a while, I largely get used to it and kind of forget about it. Worst case, I put it in manual mode and run a lower gear in the higher non-drone RPM range.

With that said, the FVD exhaust came on the car when we bought it. If I were starting with stock exhaust and knew what I know now, I would likely steer clear of FVD because of it (I am generally very drone averse - others have a higher tolerance). If I were starting from scratch with stock exhaust, I'd likely just go this route:
http://www.carnewal.com/products/981...wal-GT-Exhaust
http://www.carnewal.com/products/981...ll-Cat-Upgrade

End result, they claim drone free, better flow, better performance, much better sound, doesn't throw check engine lights, looks stock and passes all CA SMOG test visual inspections. I've heard guys claiming good results going with Carnewal modified systems.

Last edited by MotoJB; 03-16-2021 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:19 PM
Registered PM
parrnan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MotoJB
FVD really sounds glorious at WOT and during PDK downshifts. Pretty aggressive and makes the Boxster very fun to drive.

The drone is pretty much in every gear, right on the throttle in lower RPM's and is pretty bad cruising in 7th on the freeway. Yes, it drones a pretty good amount and it bothers me a bit, especially when I go from the Turbo S to the wife's Boxster. The drone hits me as a bit bothersome but I also find that after driving it a while, I largely get used to it and kind of forget about it. Worst case, I put it in manual mode and run a lower gear in the higher non-drone RPM range.

With that said, the FVD exhaust came on the car when we bought it. If I were starting with stock exhaust and knew what I know now, I would likely steer clear of FVD because of it (I am generally very drone averse - others have a higher tolerance). If I were starting from scratch with stock exhaust, I'd likely just go this route:
http://www.carnewal.com/products/981...wal-GT-Exhaust
http://www.carnewal.com/products/981...ll-Cat-Upgrade

End result, they claim drone free, better flow, better performance, much better sound, doesn't throw check engine lights, looks stock and passes all CA SMOG test visual inspections. I've heard guys claiming good results going with Carnewal modified systems.
Thanks for these information. You have been very helpful to me.