Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Boxster S, Best all around exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 04:12 PM
PorscheAzzurri is infamous around these parts
New Boxster S, Best all around exhaust?

I just got an 09 Boxster S, and I have been shooting around the forums and youtube trying to find the best exhaust for my ride. So far I have come up with borla, Remus, FVD, Fabspeed, and gembala. However, I havent been able to find any real world gains, and you tube videos just don't seem to do justice to these systems.

my car is a PDK and has the sport exhaust on there from the factory...

It is not aggressive enough and from what I have read, worth nothing in the power department.

I really love this car and want to start modding her asap!! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
I have a 2009 Boxster S and I have the FVD Export (loud) exhaust system and it is fantastic!! Best exhaust sound on any Porsche I have have ever heard (and I have heard lots). I think it sounds better than a GT3 RS and about as good as a Ferrari F430 (if I can be so bold to compare a Porsche flat-6 to a Ferrari V-8). Quality is great, absolutely no drone, and it gets at least the +11 HP power increase that they advertise. You can't go wrong with this system (I even like it better than the FVD system that I have on my 2009 C4S).

Old 04-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
PorscheAzzurri: Fabspeed now has a Race Exhaust available for the Porsche Boxster/Cayman which is a direct replacement for the OEM system. This unit will bolt directly to the stock headers, and improves up to 10 RWHP/13 ft-lbs of torque at 3500RPM while saving about 40 lbs/18.1 kg. The Race Exhaust is an aggressive system that we designed for the Cayman Interseries and Continental Tires Series/Grand-Am Cayman race vehicles, but we have sold many for daily driven Boxster/Cayman's. Feel free to PM or email alec@fabspeed,com for more information regarding the system for your 2009 Boxster S.

Name:  9872BoxsterSpyderRaceSystem1.jpg
Views: 2636
Size:  115.2 KB
Name:  9872BoxsterSpyderRaceSystem3.jpg
Views: 2555
Size:  93.1 KB

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 12-11-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Flat_society is infamous around these parts
If you don't want to get rid of the factory exhaust you may want to look into
FABSPEED MAXFLO BOXSTER SECONDARY CATBYPASS PIPES

I've installed these on a customer's car and they sound great with the factory muffler.

I think it sounds just right at idle and daily driving and screams when WOT!

Old 04-18-2011, 01:41 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Fabspeed gets my vote. I ahave Maxflows on my 911 and am very please with the built quality and the refined sound

Old 04-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Exhausts are really just up to you since your the one who is going to have to listen to it everytime you get behind the wheel. I will say that the Fabspeed race system is prolly your best bet for performance gains and some serious bark to go with it along with a great price.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Flat_society is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Exhausts are really just up to you since your the one who is going to have to listen to it everytime you get behind the wheel. I will say that the Fabspeed race system is prolly your best bet for performance gains and some serious bark to go with it along with a great price.
Fabspeed def has the best sounding systems that have come out of our shop

Old 04-18-2011, 07:13 PM
I really like the Fab speed exhaust and the borla but I think I am going to try and hold my beath until tpc comes out with the new turbo

Old 04-18-2011, 09:37 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
+ 1 fabspeed

Old 04-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PorscheAzzurri
I really like the Fab speed exhaust and the borla but I think I am going to try and hold my beath until tpc comes out with the new turbo
Warranty isnt a concern for you ? Living on the edge

Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I have had no issues with the car thus far neither did the previous owner...Im not too worried...not to mention its a turbo LOL

It turns out the date of release is very far away, so I might do A cat-back and headers for now and sell them off later if I do go turbo.

Fabspeed seems to be the way to go.

Does anyone have the Borla or FVD set up. I was hoping someone could let me know their thought, the you tube videos never do them justice...

Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
PorscheAzzurri: I have the Maxflo Mufflers and the Race System available. I was just at the track this past weekend and there was a Boxster Spyder with our full exhaust system installed. I'm working on the video now and will upload shortly.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:03 PM
sounds good, what kind of gains can I expect to see from your full exhaust?
I want to juice as much out of the airflow system as possible without a tune

Old 04-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Spyderwheels is infamous around these parts
Fab speed, nice or Borla. Either one gonna make a nice improvement.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PorscheAzzurri
sounds good, what kind of gains can I expect to see from your full exhaust?
I want to juice as much out of the airflow system as possible without a tune
PorscheAzzurri, with the Race Exhaust only, you will pick up about 11WHP/8 ft-lbs of torque at high RPM's. Combine the Race Exhaust with our Sport Headers with 200 cell HJS catalytic converters and BMC air filter, you will see about 18WHP/16 ft-lbs of torque.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Boxster S, Best all around exhaust?