Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 CaymanS Laser Diffuser System + Clear Guard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:27 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
am i the only one that noticed a few of this pictures are not of a cayman s and instead a carrera cab.
At first, I thought you were one of the few who could tell the difference between the 20 variants of the same car. I'm usually pretty good at that too, so I went back up and saw the first few pics, and clearly there was no top on it (took the guess work right out).

My attention was drawn to the front (sadly, I followed the shiny object).

I'm curious as to why they showed those (perhaps to show the install process, and the level of detail used?).

Old 05-24-2011, 10:06 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
At first, I thought you were one of the few who could tell the difference between the 20 variants of the same car. I'm usually pretty good at that too, so I went back up and saw the first few pics, and clearly there was no top on it (took the guess work right out).

My attention was drawn to the front (sadly, I followed the shiny object).

I'm curious as to why they showed those (perhaps to show the install process, and the level of detail used?).
i assumed they probably just got mixed in with the cayman photos since they're the same color. but like you said, a few photos clearly have no roof.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
i assumed they probably just got mixed in with the cayman photos since they're the same color. but like you said, a few photos clearly have no roof.
Plus, the round headlights were a giveaway as well.

This is obviously a top-notch install, but I find it pretty amusing they say that their customers wish for other to not know how they do it...why not just come out and say "we dont want to tell you because we want you to have to pay us to do it"....1)some people don't live anywhere close so that is out of the question 2)some people are perfectly capable of doing this themselves but they just like to see how others have done it for comparison sake and 3)even if you showed everyone on this board where you mount it, the same people that were going to take it to you prior to the pictures will still be taking it to you after!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Karrera4
Plus, the round headlights were a giveaway as well.

This is obviously a top-notch install, but I find it pretty amusing they say that their customers wish for other to not know how they do it...why not just come out and say "we dont want to tell you because we want you to have to pay us to do it"....1)some people don't live anywhere close so that is out of the question 2)some people are perfectly capable of doing this themselves but they just like to see how others have done it for comparison sake and 3)even if you showed everyone on this board where you mount it, the same people that were going to take it to you prior to the pictures will still be taking it to you after!
much disagreement because
1) even if you and many folks here don't live "close" to where they are, many others can still have an access to it. (afterall, you gotta think twice before you post anything on forums, etc.)
2) obviously, they don't want to announce that in public
3) not really, if you know a go-to person for this type of jobs (let him be a friend, another pro installer, etc.), they can go to him to get this thing installed.

not trying to bash you nor others but i guess those are possibilities.

though, if i am from local, i'd go to you guys in a heart beat for these kind of jobs. great work!