Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone changed their Spyder decklid to have only "Spyder"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Rams86 is infamous around these parts
Has anyone changed their Spyder decklid to have only "Spyder"

I have a friend with a new Creme White Spyder and I've been trying to get him to consider changing his decklid to have just "Spyder" as opposed to "Boxster Spyder" as I think it would look better.

I've seen a few articles where the "too-long decklid script" is mentioned and would love to give him some side-by-side shots for comparison. Has anyone here done this and does anyone have any feedback regarding value, purity, etc that you could pass along?

He's concerned that the sills and dash will still say Boxster Spyder and that maybe it will look funny. I dont think so at all. What looks odd to me, is when people add script/decalls to their cars which make them appear to be somthing they are not (RS/GT3, etc). That wouldn't be the case here!

The Boxster Spyder is an amazing looking vehicle and I'm hoping he will let me swap rides soon so I can get a first hand test! the exhaust not sounds really great to me!

Last edited by Rams86; 05-12-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:40 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
my dad did it to his spyder. it looked great only saying Spyder on the rear decklid. its a lot cleaner.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
I did it on my 986 2.7 but no photo yet :/

Old 05-13-2011, 11:37 PM
orthojoe is infamous around these parts
Here are pics of mine

Attached Images   
Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
I did it.....love the way it looks

Old 05-22-2011, 10:14 AM
C.Plavan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orthojoe
Here are pics of mine

I like the red emblem, but personally dont care for the Porsche font.

I removed the stock emblems and put the Spyder emblem in the center on mine. Much cleaner.
Personally, Porsche should of given it a GT designation if they are giving the heavy Cayman "R" the historical "R" name....such a joke.

Last edited by C.Plavan; 05-22-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:50 AM
orthojoe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by C.Plavan
I like the red emblem, but personally dont care for the Porsche font.

I removed the stock emblems and put the Spyder emblem in the center on mine. Much cleaner.
Personally, Porsche should of given it a GT designation if they are giving the heavy Cayman "R" the historical "R" name....such a joke.
Yeah, I'm not so sure about the porsche font myself... I may remove it.. still debating...