Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local dealer is TERRIBLE -- who do I write to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 AM
SIIK2NR is infamous around these parts
So you took the time to check the reviews and then said the hell with it and went anyway..... Smh.

A few $hit happens moments but most of the issues could have been avoided if you had done less assuming and asked the RIGHT questions.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
My problem is, with any stealership do what they said they'd do? Like oil change, how can you tell if they actually change the oil? Not like there is a dip stick for you to check. I hear some guys would actually take the parts home and do it on the weekend as side job. Can they be trusted?????

Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gotnem108
My problem is, with any stealership do what they said they'd do? Like oil change, how can you tell if they actually change the oil? Not like there is a dip stick for you to check. I hear some guys would actually take the parts home and do it on the weekend as side job. Can they be trusted?????
I've seen this posted a few times over the years. Which Boxster's don't have dipsticks? I've owned two and both did/do.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Samir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Steve's 996
My 2 cents. Remember your "new" car is actually 9 model years old. Most dealers don't see older vehicles because most owners have found good independents by now. My advice is to check with P-car owners in your local area and see who they use. Sounds like the dealer is not interested in your business.
This is very true. Most dealerships don't expect to service cars older than 5yrs old. They expect someone to find an independent by this point since the cost of a dealership service would be 'expensive'. At the same time, if someone wants to service their car at a dealership, it's foolish for them to turn away business in this economy.
Originally Posted by denversteve
As a professional, I hire professionals for everything I need. Likewise, professionals hire me. That's what makes the economy work. I don't believe that running away from dealerships/mechanics is the way to assure your car receives the best service. Most of the people I read on this and another Porsche forum, who have regular problems with their cars, do their own work and don't have their cars serviced properly at a dealership. Not all, but too many.
I'm a professional as well that tries to work with other professionals. But why go back to a hack with a professional's uniform? If a dealership can't do the job within spec, at any cost, then I'm not going there period.

Most of the problems with cars in this local area comes from improper maintenance--a lot of which is third-party, but a lot of it is from the dealership as well. If dealerships were where the 'correct' work was always done, people who love their car wouldn't go anywhere else. But that is not the case. I'm forced to do my own work or find someone else because taking it to the dealership is a guaranteed messup.
Originally Posted by denversteve
I've seen this posted a few times over the years. Which Boxster's don't have dipsticks? I've owned two and both did/do.
987+ chassis do not have a dipstick. It's just an electronic sensor showing the level when the engine is off.