Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it still possible to order a Boxster Spyder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 10:58 PM
smalapas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave I
There's a white one with six speed and sport buckets for 68-69 in Naples Florida. Listed on cars.com today and still on the dealership website.

Hopefully they're not game-playing clowns like Downtown LA who listed a car that's already been sold.

Good luck with your search.
I actually don't blame Downtown LA. They just have really old technology and they know it. They don't know how to update it in real time. It's a common problem a lot of businesses face with their technology.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Dave I is infamous around these parts
I contacted them on 5/30 specifically about that car and was told that it was pre sold to another customer. They listed it on cars.com on 6/13 so I asked another dealer to inquire about trading and they confirmed that it was sold.

The ad is still up, so my impression is that they are trying to generate interest in their dealership by listing a car that's not even available, but whatever.

I could go on about the bait and switch they pulled on me with a changeable allocation, but it's a moot point.

Hope you find something you want sooner than later.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dave I
I contacted them on 5/30 specifically about that car and was told that it was pre sold to another customer. They listed it on cars.com on 6/13 so I asked another dealer to inquire about trading and they confirmed that it was sold.

The ad is still up, so my impression is that they are trying to generate interest in their dealership by listing a car that's not even available, but whatever.

I could go on about the bait and switch they pulled on me with a changeable allocation, but it's a moot point.

Hope you find something you want sooner than later.
Oh **** WTF. 5/30 is a long time ago. Nevermind, they are basterds!!!

Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
smalapas

Originally Posted by wilber987
Please call me at 626 2989838
Have you seen wilbers car ?
The best looking Spyder out there IMO ..SMOKING!!!
if he is selling you should seriously take a look man

Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Oh I'm sorry if it's not stock I'm not interested. Thanks though!

Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 AM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Old 06-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Dave I is infamous around these parts
That one looks nice with the sport exhaust, but I think the op is looking for the sport bucket seats.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I think I got one! It's still at the factory, dealership is going to try to get it for me. Hopefully good news in the next day or so.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Jabbey is infamous around these parts
Wow, hoping my order is not a mirage! In late May, I called dealers in several states including the Spyder saturated state of CA. After a while, I found a dealer that had a 2012 Spyder allocation, in my state but out of region. I promptly provided a deposit and requested a pro-forma that indicated a July build with all my specs showing up on the forms. Latest message from dealer is that the car is scheduled for completion on 17 July. Hopefully have the car in my hands by mid-Aug. I hope it's real! I will be crushed if the dealer is up to no good and wasting my time.

I've waited about 20 years to get my first Porsche and always thought it was going to be a 911. At this price, I could certainly have a pre-owned 997.2, but the Spyder has beckoned me. Can't wait!

Specs on the build are:

MY2012 / Guards Red
Carbon-backed Sport Buckets (love them)
Roll Bars in Exterior
Bi-Xenon
PSE (can't wait to hear this...)
Sports Chrono
CDR-30 (Bluetooth, Aux)
A/C (live in Northern VA, no A/C would have limited outings too much IMO)

Old 06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Jabbey

Originally Posted by Jabbey
Wow, hoping my order is not a mirage! In late May, I called dealers in several states including the Spyder saturated state of CA. After a while, I found a dealer that had a 2012 Spyder allocation, in my state but out of region. I promptly provided a deposit and requested a pro-forma that indicated a July build with all my specs showing up on the forms. Latest message from dealer is that the car is scheduled for completion on 17 July. Hopefully have the car in my hands by mid-Aug. I hope it's real! I will be crushed if the dealer is up to no good and wasting my time.

I've waited about 20 years to get my first Porsche and always thought it was going to be a 911. At this price, I could certainly have a pre-owned 997.2, but the Spyder has beckoned me. Can't wait!

Specs on the build are:

MY2012 / Guards Red
Carbon-backed Sport Buckets (love them)
Roll Bars in Exterior
Bi-Xenon
PSE (can't wait to hear this...)
Sports Chrono
CDR-30 (Bluetooth, Aux)
A/C (live in Northern VA, no A/C would have limited outings too much IMO)

DUDE!! what a nice optioned car !!!!! Love it !! please keep us posted

Old 06-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Hey Z356. Got your PM, unfortunately I can't PM you back because my post count isn't high enough. Thank you very much! I appreciate it dearly. I've emailed the guy and we'll see if it pans out.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Ended up putting a deposit on a Cayman R order today. 3 months wait will be killer.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:41 AM
jrdriller is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by smalapas
I went over to my local Porsche dealership in Newport Beach and tried to see if I could order a Porsche Boxster Spyder with no luck. They say production ends in July and they have no more coming. Unfortunately I have my heart set on a white one, and all 3 in California have the fat man seats, some even with PDK.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a dealer that can put in an order, I would be very grateful. This would be my first Porsche!
not sure about allocations, but this dealer in houston has a nearly new white spyder (pdk) available (27 june 11)
http://www.momentumporsche.com/used/...seHistory=true

and a couple of new 2012

http://www.momentumporsche.com/new-i...&SBprice=clear

cheers

Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 AM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
I saw and drove the Boxster Spyder at the Porsche World Roadshow a few weeks ago - love the looks and driving characteristics of the car. Could possibly be one in my future at some point! Good luck with it.