Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Porsche: My '05 Boxster S (Should I buy a red "S" emblem?"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
First Porsche: My '05 Boxster S (Should I buy a red "S" emblem?"

I bought my first Porsche. I want to keep a classy look. I would've done black emblems if I decided to go with black wheels, but I'm going to buy silver aftermarket wheels, therefore I'm keeping my "Boxster" emblem silver.

I still want to change the "S" to red. I was wondering if you guys think it looks unnatural or tacky. Should I go ahead and buy the red "S"? It would personalize my car a little bit.

I like it on this car:

Here's the rest of my introduction

Hey everyone!
After years of wanting a Porsche, I finally picked up a 2005 Boxster S!
It drives like a dream and is a true sports car. I would expand on this, but I'm sure all of you are experiencing the same thing.

There is one negative. I didn't realize I would be getting that much attention; it could get me in trouble. The first day, I picked up my girlfriend and drove her around. 5 minutes later, some cute girl waves to me. I didn't realize it the first time so she said hello and waved again. ::
There were more compliments from guys and another hello from a girl.
The next day this younger girl in the car next to me tried to get my attention. I looked over and gave a courtesy smile and she yelled "marry me!". I might've taken her offer if she was my type. Joking. I can only imagine what can happen in a year.

Options:
Sports Chrono Package- My favorite!
Preferred Package Plus
19" Carrera Classic Wheels- Lobster Fork
Sport Steering Wheel
Full Leather Interior Package

I'm just looking to get her detailed this week. My radio is in safe mode so I'm going to bring her to Porsche this week. They quoted me $145 (one hour labor). Wouldn't it take about 30 minutes? :crazy: I'm going to try another OPC.
Then I'm ordering a Gen 2 Transmitter.

*How I decided to buy one*
I originally wanted to pick up a roadster to keep for about 2-3 years.
I was strongly considering a 2005 Z4 3.0i, but knew that I really wanted a Porsche.

I was looking at a very clean 2001 silver Boxster S with full leather red interior. It was the perfect 986 for me, but it felt a little outdated for me.

I was extremely close to taking an unbelievable deal on a white exterior/red interior 2011 Z4, but didn't want to throw all my money away on a lease.

After almost leasing a new car, I realized that I should go for a 987 Boxster S and I found the perfect one!

Pics:
I live in Manhattan and drove about 150 miles the first day. About 100 miles were in the city that never sleeps :-D I parked my car for the night at 3:30 AM.

Oh wait...

I also drove my friend's new 370z that he bought a day before I bought my Boxster S.

Last edited by MrNurse; 06-23-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Great pics, awesome car enjoy.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:21 PM
shrka is infamous around these parts
Plastic-dip it red.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
harryrcb is infamous around these parts
Awesome car guy, but I already knew that. As far as the red S goes, it's totally up to you, whatever tickles your fancy, I don't think it's tacky but why would you care what others think as long as you like it.
The girls, yeah, I'm an old dude and on the way home from my purchase, stopped to get a bite to eat and this beautiful girl walks up to me and said " hi, love your car" ( never happened to me before) so enjoy it bling it out the way you see fit and drive it like you stole it.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by RxPorsche
Great pics, awesome car enjoy.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by shrka
Plastic-dip it red.
Excellent suggestion! I'm looking at youtube videos on plasti-dip. I think I'm def going to do that!

Originally Posted by harryrcb
Awesome car guy, but I already knew that. As far as the red S goes, it's totally up to you, whatever tickles your fancy, I don't think it's tacky but why would you care what others think as long as you like it.
The girls, yeah, I'm an old dude and on the way home from my purchase, stopped to get a bite to eat and this beautiful girl walks up to me and said " hi, love your car" ( never happened to me before) so enjoy it bling it out the way you see fit and drive it like you stole it.
If I look at something long enough, I become biased- as if I have beer goggles. So I'd just like to know if you guys think it looks good. I'm going to go ahead and do it

I've received a lot of attention from my first/previous car, but it was mostly from highschool kids/the import scene. I decided a long time ago that I needed to grow up..
My previous car had gold emblems and a red "S" also

Last edited by MrNurse; 06-23-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
do it - my S is black on the Boxster and Red on the GTS.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Congrats and enjoy your new car. If you like the red "S" then do it.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Great pics and I would do what you want on the "S". Looks good either way.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:43 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
+1 on the red "S"

Old 07-02-2011, 06:49 PM
PeterPorscher9 is infamous around these parts
The red S

Yes, add the red as it looks great on black. I removed the silver Boxster S from my Atlas Grey Metallic '05 Boxster and replace it with Atlas Grey Metallic from Bumper Plugs. I think it looked great.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 AM
mkiv808 is infamous around these parts
Nice pics. I still haven't taken my Cayman S into the city.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Nycflip22

Remove the badge completly .It looks so much cleaner IMO

Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Red Emblem is rice.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 PM
erayd8 is infamous around these parts
Dude, get a Hot Pink one the girls will think your car will be the prettiest. Lol.

Originally Posted by harryrcb

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Porsche: My '05 Boxster S (Should I buy a red "S" emblem?"