Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 CaymanR in the garage!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 PM
porschepro has a spectacular aura aboutporschepro has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Porsche323
Beautiful car, love the wing!
Thanks.. I think the wing just lets the average guy know that something is different here.

I pulled the 914 stripes off of the car today, HUGE improvement! Will post "after" shots tomorrow.

Should I pull the "CaymanR" off the rear decklid? It looks a little cluttered back there to me.
What do you guy/gals think?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by bensf1
Beautiful and congratulations. Hope to see it at the track.
Who do you track with?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:00 PM
bensf1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porschepro
Who do you track with?
Hooked on Driving, TrackMasters Racing, PCA and Speed Ventures.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Should I pull the "CaymanR" off the rear decklid? It looks a little cluttered back there to me.
What do you guy/gals think?
I'd keep it. Less cluttered than "Boxster Spyder"

Old 08-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I'd keep it. Less cluttered than "Boxster Spyder"
Do you have a Boxster Spyder? GREAT car! My first choice. Wife hates convertibles, I love them. Not cool with most clubs for HPDE's. All of that added up to a CaymanR.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Hooked on Driving, TrackMasters Racing, PCA and Speed Ventures.
I signed up with Diablo Chapter today since I work in Walnut Creek. I guess I should go to the PCA website and look at the upcoming events?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Do you have a Boxster Spyder? GREAT car! My first choice. Wife hates convertibles, I love them. Not cool with most clubs for HPDE's. All of that added up to a CaymanR.
I signed up with Diablo Chapter today since I work in Walnut Creek. I guess I should go to the PCA website and look at the upcoming events?
Yes, I have a Boxster Spyder. Found about HPDE's this year and I'm hooked. I haven't had too many problems tracking a roadster except with Hooked on Driving. They'll let me run in the Beginner and Intermediate run groups but not the Advanced. No problems with TrackMaster's racing, ran in the Advanced group at Laguna Seca. I've only run with Speed Ventures once but I don't think they have any restrictions either.

If I knew about HPDE's before getting the Spyder I probably would have made the same decision as you and got the Cayman R from a safety perspective. You're going to love it at the track, the R is so capable.

I'm in the Golden Gate chapter of PCA and they have track days listed on their website. I'm sure it's the same for Diablo.

Again congratulations and hope to see you at the track.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Yes, I have a Boxster Spyder. Found about HPDE's this year and I'm hooked. I haven't had too many problems tracking a roadster except with Hooked on Driving. They'll let me run in the Beginner and Intermediate run groups but not the Advanced. No problems with TrackMaster's racing, ran in the Advanced group at Laguna Seca. I've only run with Speed Ventures once but I don't think they have any restrictions either.

If I knew about HPDE's before getting the Spyder I probably would have made the same decision as you and got the Cayman R from a safety perspective. You're going to love it at the track, the R is so capable.

I'm in the Golden Gate chapter of PCA and they have track days listed on their website. I'm sure it's the same for Diablo.

Again congratulations and hope to see you at the track.
HPDE's are akick in the pants so long as you keep the shiny side up. I have sen some things that will make your toes curl. Beware of the RED fog!

Old 08-07-2011, 11:05 PM
HPDE's are akick in the pants so long as you keep the shiny side up. I have sen some things that will make your toes curl. Beware of the RED fog!
Definitely seen the red mist in other people at the track especially when they feel they should be going faster than you. I've seen it in a Lotus Elise driver who spun coming off of turn 1 at Thunderhill and an EVO driver who almost spun on turn 9 after the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. Luckily I have not been afflicted yet but I can see how it could happen.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:15 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
LOL, know what you mean about the Elise/Exige. It is a rattle box and every bolt imaginable does come loose on them, but I still love mine. And in the Exige, you don't have to worry about the rear view mirror cause you can't see out of the back anyway! I'm almost done with my crazy work schedule in September so I'll be out doing Trackmaster/HOD very soon. I hope I see you guys out there!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by spf4000
LOL, know what you mean about the Elise/Exige. It is a rattle box and every bolt imaginable does come loose on them, but I still love mine. And in the Exige, you don't have to worry about the rear view mirror cause you can't see out of the back anyway! I'm almost done with my crazy work schedule in September so I'll be out doing Trackmaster/HOD very soon. I hope I see you guys out there!
I totally forgot about no mirror needed.
This was my car a few years ago. Do you remember it?
1,460lbs, 305hp

Attached Images   
Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 PM
This is what it looks like now

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
LotusRR.bmp (900.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Alex K is infamous around these parts
Love the Cayman R. Drove it 2 weeks ago and it felt amazing. The PDK flappy gearbox is what made it for me. It made it feel a tick better then the Cayman S Sport I had. Both amazing cars. Enjoy the ride!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:54 AM
orthojoe is infamous around these parts
Congrats on that Cayman R! I've got a spyder and I live/work in Walnut Creek myself. I joined the Diablo chapter, but I follow the GoldenGate region events. Diablo chapter is much 'softer'. Picnics, brunches, tours, and cruises. Not my thing. Diablo region had ONE DE event at Thill this year and they wouldn't allow non-porsches at the event even though they were hurting for participants. I could have easily brought several friends to the event to help them break even on the event, but they wouldn't allow it.

Like Ben, I run with HOD, TMR, and NCRC. I've heard that lotus club is very good to run with as well. I'll be at Thill on Aug 19th with HOD, and Infineon on Sept 10th with TMR. (see ya there, Ben!)

Joe

Old 08-09-2011, 08:06 AM
orthojoe is infamous around these parts
Wait a second. You bought the black Cayman R that Stead has? Nice. I've been wanting to stop by to take a look at it in person. Tell Ken P. that I'm still waiting for him to set me up with those carbon bucket seats for my spyder! We have an 'arrangement!'

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 CaymanR in the garage!