Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a big box delivered!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Appleguy is infamous around these parts
Got a big box delivered!

First post here. I bought an 02 Boxster with 50k on it about 2 months ago. This car will ultimately be given to my son when he turns 16 in a few years, but until then I get to enjoy it. Since the purchase of the car, I've been getting the mechanics in order (IMS upgrade, coolant tank replaced, motor mount, etc.) as well as some interior mods (double din Pioneer deck, body matched center console and door handle pulls, etc.).

I've now started on the exterior and one of my first bits came in this huge box!

Cheers

Mark

Old 08-12-2011, 03:11 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Very nice upgrade! The GT3 bumper really changes the look of the run of the mills Boxster you see on the road. Congrats!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Craig67 is infamous around these parts
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 08-13-2011, 01:59 PM
rubber_ducky is infamous around these parts
hurry up and get it painted and installed. can't wait to see pics.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks guys! I'll get the kit over to the paint shop in a week or so. Before I install it however, I'm planning on installing some lowering springs and new rims and tires.

Ill be posting more photos as the car moves along.

Cheers

Mark

Old 08-13-2011, 04:24 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Don't make it too nice or your kid will never see his name on the title !!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Don't make it too nice or your kid will never see his name on the title !!
Its ok. This is all a practice run for when I get my Cayman after I hand him the boxster keys! (but don't let my wife know my plan!)

Old 08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
vinconist is infamous around these parts
nice, cant wait for finished photos

Old 08-15-2011, 01:15 PM
jaji is infamous around these parts
very nice. lucky son!

Old 08-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks everyone.

I picked up the rear diffuser from the paint shop today. Its been sitting there for a few weeks and I finally got a chance to pick it up. The paint came out pretty good. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when I'll get around to installing them as the kiddies are getting ready to go back to school and all of our free time is booked!

Oh and the Aero Kit is still sitting in the corner of my garage. I'm hopefully getting that over to the paint shop next week.

Cheers

Mark

Last edited by Appleguy; 08-15-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Well I finally got a chance to go by the paint shop to pick up my kit today. I had them fill the square license plate holes in the bumper prior to painting it. I'm not sure when I'll get some time to install it, but at least it's painted and ready to go.

I've also been busy installing H&R springs and getting the calipers painted. I also installed new drilled rotors all around and performed a brake pad change as well.

Finally I did a AOS install and R&R my starter (the starter was making noise).

All in all it's been a fun filled busy few weeks

10/1 update
I also spent today replacing the rear track arms as they were clunking over small bumps.

Last edited by Appleguy; 10-01-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Oh and I forgot to mention...

The rims are ordered and should be completed in about 8 weeks or so

Stay tuned...

Old 09-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Really looking good, looking forward to seeing your selection of rims and tires.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
Ah, my old buddy Mark! Nice fun choice with the Boxster. Hopefully your son appreciates all of the prep work you're doing to make his first car memorable, but I'm sure you've raised him as such. Either way, I can imagine having a convertible Porsche in HS will make him plenty popular with the ladies. My dad gave me an old beat up Buick and I thought it was the coolest thing ever!

Old 10-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Blake P
Ah, my old buddy Mark! Nice fun choice with the Boxster. Hopefully your son appreciates all of the prep work you're doing to make his first car memorable, but I'm sure you've raised him as such. Either way, I can imagine having a convertible Porsche in HS will make him plenty popular with the ladies. My dad gave me an old beat up Buick and I thought it was the coolest thing ever!
My man Blakey! Long time buddy! Hit me um in IM so we can catch up. I need to see how's the Audi is looking!

The boxster has been a fun project. I have some ADV.1 ordered from D coming for it. I'm using this car as a trial run for someday when I pick up a newer Cayman S.

Chat with you soon!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a big box delivered!