Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with fabspeed exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 04:14 PM
viken is infamous around these parts
problem with fabspeed exhaust

Has anyone had this problem ??

I purchased and had professionally installed Full Fabspeed exhaust (fabspeed sport headers and fabspeed maxflow mufflers) on April 2011 with 16.7K miles on my Cayman S. As some of you may know from a previous post, the exhaust tips started pealing ONE months later (see photo). On JULY of 2011 the exhaust sound started getting a loud rattling sound from the driver side. Few days later I noticed that the interior of the car was filing with exhaust and the CEL light went on. I quickly made plans to drive back to the shop as the car now started to stall at stop signs and lights ! The car was jacked up at the shop and the culprit was revealed as a header falling apart at the welds (see photo).

Of course, I contacted Fabspeed in expectation that they would resolve the problem right away. I do not have time to take my car to the shop and have both headers disassembled and sent back to them for inspection as they have suggested. They have offered to re-weld the faulty header under warranty and send it back to me for reinstallation and testing. I cannot afford the down time nor the shop fees for a product that does not perform for few months much less life of the car....no, not a joke ! That is what I expect for $$$ paid and a 'reputable company' . They have not offered to send me a new header to swap out the faulty one -- That is what i expected

Thank you for reading this post.

Viken.

Attached Images    

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-22-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: edited for content..not enough posts or time as a member
Old 08-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
this member has had his say, although we don't approve of members who join just to start a flame thread...thread will be reopened if fabspeed would like to respond