Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible speaker quality after factory stereo replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 AM
JeffreyD5 is infamous around these parts
Horrible speaker quality after factory stereo replacement

Replaced the CDR24 headunit with a Jensen VM9424 nav system in my 07 Cayman base. Install done by professional. Noticed very poor speaker quality now (basically no lows whatsoever). Any ideas? Will post pictures of the new unit as I used a bezel kit from the UK off ebay.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
dave-t is infamous around these parts
Put some aftermarket amps and a nice set of Focal KXR2 speakers along with a JL Audio 8" sub in the rear hatch and you will be loving your new head unit. Factory speakers are crap, especially the ones that come in our Cayman/Cayman S.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
Factory speakers as well amp are poor sounding.I dont know if you did help yorself with the jensen hu either be honest.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:23 AM
hitman986 is infamous around these parts
I work in car audio and I can tell you that the head unit you had installed is going to cause you issues. I sell that unit and real Nav units also. Ever hear the phrase you get what you pay for. A good Nav unit is going to start around a 1000.00 dollars. Just for the unit not including labor. You know what you paid so don't be mad that the car sounds like crap. If you ever need any suggestions on what products are worth the money when it comes to car audio I know what I'm doing. The shop I work for is in central Florida and we are one of the best custom shops in the country.