Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Boxster (First Pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
2012 Boxster (First Pics)

spott3d in the wild:

Old 10-05-2011, 10:28 AM
navanod is infamous around these partsnavanod is infamous around these parts
Over designed!

Old 10-05-2011, 10:33 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Just saw these elsewhere...

First thoughts:
1) DAMN!!! Looking Good!
2) DAMN!!! As much as I like the Spyder, I'd be a little PO'd if I had recently bought a Boxster. I'm not saying that to be a terd or anything, but I'm liking this new Boxster. It does seem to be more rounded on the front, which I'm not sure is a good thing. That's one of the features that I love the most about the Spyder: more of a squared front design.
3) Rear end is much more styled. I was expecting more 918-look back there.
4) With the 991 tails being so slim, I was expecting something similar. Guess NOT!
5) LOVE the huge side intakes...
6) Front end is sitting up too high.
7) Porsche Alphabet Soup is apparently on the rear for everything now.
8) Would have preferred if rear diffuser/apron didn't wrap around the corners as much.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
i think there is a lot of the mighty Carrera GT in it (front & side intakes).
looks great imho! i also like the rear with the Fin across it.
It`ll be a bit busy for some but i love the fact that Porsche did something unique with the back.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:14 AM
MMopt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Just saw these elsewhere...

First thoughts:
1) DAMN!!! Looking Good!
2) DAMN!!! As much as I like the Spyder, I'd be a little PO'd if I had recently bought a Boxster. I'm not saying that to be a terd or anything, but I'm liking this new Boxster. It does seem to be more rounded on the front, which I'm not sure is a good thing. That's one of the features that I love the most about the Spyder: more of a squared front design..
This was the first thing I thought. I love the Spyder but I like the cues it has from both that car and some GT thrown in there. That and a more functional roof make this very promising. Nice job so far +

Old 10-05-2011, 12:10 PM
224wheels is infamous around these parts
from the front and the side absolutely beautiful, but WTF is that on the tail lights??? extension of the wing...... take it off and that car will b sick

Old 10-05-2011, 12:30 PM
thnxbabe has a spectacular aura aboutthnxbabe has a spectacular aura about
I agree with 224. Don't like the the tail wrapping into the lights

Old 10-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Halfbreeded is infamous around these parts
I believe that is the "baby Boxster" not the new redesign Boxster. The new Boxster does not have those side vents or the rear wing like that.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
I just bought another 09 for commute...looks pretty nice, but like everyone else the rear kinda like a mini CGT

Old 10-05-2011, 02:44 PM
dave-t is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Halfbreeded
I believe that is the "baby Boxster" not the new redesign Boxster. The new Boxster does not have those side vents or the rear wing like that.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The Baby Boxster is getting a four cylinder isn't it? The new Cayman/Boxster are getting a 6 cylinder first run, 4 cylinder comes later.

dave-t

Old 10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Halfbreeded is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dave-t
I was thinking the exact same thing. The Baby Boxster is getting a four cylinder isn't it? The new Cayman/Boxster are getting a 6 cylinder first run, 4 cylinder comes later.

dave-t
Right if you look at this video of the New Boxster it looks nothing like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8PoD...layer_embedded

Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
No way. Too big...looks larger than current Boxster & if you zoom in to the rear images, you can see the badges on the rear.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
door handles don't really fit into that whole vent line. just kind of tacked on using the exisitng pieces.

the 996 style would fit better imo.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 PM
SIIK2NR is infamous around these parts
All good except the front sits too high... need a more aggressive bumper or front lip.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:40 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Right if you look at this video of the New Boxster it looks nothing like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8PoD...layer_embedded
Actually, while the recent photos and videos show cars without the recessed intake, you will see that the doors have a false panels (you can see the panel show some ripples) to hide that feature on the new car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boxster (First Pics)