Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GiroDisc Performance Brakes, Boom

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Cartel is infamous around these parts
GiroDisc Performance Brakes, Boom

Pulled the trigger on a set of front GiroDisc rotors yesterday morning courtesty of the kind folks over at Road Sport Supply/Stuttgart Performance. As per the norm, Bryan was an absolute delight to deal with. I opted for the set of slotted/drilled rotors. They are 340mm vs 317mm OE rotors (8 % larger) and will net me a weight savings of 2.6 LBS per corner, which collectively is 5.2 LBS of saved rotating mass. Included below are photographs of what arrived to me this morning. I cannot thank Bryan and the Road Sport Supply/Stuttgart Performance family enough for always having my best interests at heart. Included below are snapshots of what arrived to me this morning. Beautifully, well made pieces. Enjoy!

Prior to the days end, I will publish the weights and diameters of the above noted rotors. Unfortunately, due to my erratic work schedule as of late. They will not be installed for another week or two at minimum. I am still awaiting the arrival of GiroDisc (Front + Rear) stainless steel brake lines, OEM rear cross drilled rotors, and a set of Pagid RS-19's. Stay tuned for more!

Old 11-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Update - 11/20/2011

Throughout the week parts arrived in time for me to have the GiroDisc's installed on Friday. Without further ado.

GiroDisc Front + Rear Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Road Sport Supply/Stuttgart Performance).

Thursday's delivery compliments of Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota, FL.

997 GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers (Suncoast Porsche - Sarasota, FL).

Special thank you to Road Sport Supply/Stuttgart Performance, namely Bryan for the apparel, hat + stickers!

Group shot of the parts being installed (GiroDisc 340mm Two Piece Floating Rotors, 997 GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers, GiroDisc Stainless Steel Brake Lines, + factory OEM brake pads.

Stay tuned for more!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Update
November 18, 2011 - Location: German Performance Options
Vehicle - 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Parts - GiroDisc 340mm Two Piece Floating Rotorm, 997 GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers, GiroDisc Stainless Steel Brake Lines, + factory OEM brake pads.

As the title states, I pulled the trigger on a front set of GiroDisc rotors for my '03 S. Scaling in at 340mm (10mm shy of the 996 GT3) versus the factory 317 OEM rotors. They are larger and lighter, advantageous. In correspondence with the rotors, I opted for stainless steel brake lines + 997 GT3 brake duct spoilers as well. The installation occurred this past Friday at my local shop, German Performance Options in Nashville, TN. For the better part of 3 years, they have squared me away from general maintenance intervals to my KW V3's + AASCO LWFW. In sum, top notch. Good work, solid work. Onto the installation.

317mm OEM Cross Drilled Rotors (L) + 340mm GiroDisc Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors (R)

317mm OEM Cross Drilled Rotors (L) + 340mm GiroDisc Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors (R)

Progress.

Success!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Part 2