Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:00 AM
bobmyjava is infamous around these parts
Boxster noise

I have a 2005 Porsche Boxster that now has 20,000 miles on it, purchased it four months ago when it had 13,000 miles on it and so far I love it. For the last couple of months, when the engine is warm and the passenger side engine fan comes on there is a rattling, almost a loud humming sound that comes from behind the passenger seat about over where the fan is located. When the top is down, the sound either goes away or is muffled to the point that it can't be heard.

The sound usually gets worse when the wheel is turned to the right. It go away when the fan goes off. It sounds like a loose engine panel or something. I have done everything trying to find it, to no avail. The car drives perfect and no overheating. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Old 11-12-2011, 06:27 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know but enjoy that car. You've put more miles on yours in 4 months than I do in two years. Good job.