Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche CPO help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 05:29 PM
tacshose is infamous around these parts
Porsche CPO help

Hi,

I just purchased a 2006 Porsche Cayman S that was CPO by the second owner in June of last year when purchased from a Porsche dealer. She then traded it in to a Mercedes dealer who is also part of a Land Rover, Infiniti, Porsche dealership. They are all under one name. The mercedes dealer part of the complex I bought from did not know it was a CPO and I did not discover it until I called my local Porsche dealer for the service records and the service records show it is under CPO until June 2012. I called Porsche NA to confirm this and they DID. I did not mention I just purchased the car, just said I forgot when mine ended and if the car was covered.

Does anyone know how I should handle this to ensure I get to keep the CPO status?

Old 11-28-2011, 06:55 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
The car has the CPO. I don't think there is anything to do. You will want to keep up on your factory required maintenance so that if anything happens, they won't deny your claim due to lack thereof.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:12 PM
tacshose is infamous around these parts
That would be great. I had read on some forums that Porsche NA has a transfer form that must be filled out.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:48 PM
RoninW is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tacshose
That would be great. I had read on some forums that Porsche NA has a transfer form that must be filled out.
Call 1800 porsche. the cpo goes with the car unless you are an independant trying to resell it... you will need to have the info changed to the vin however so they can process further warranty claims