Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Starter Porsche Comment"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
It's as stupid as saying the Sportster is a starter Harley.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:09 AM
V TACH is infamous around these parts
I usually feel bad for a few moments when someone calls out the Boxster as being a starter Porsche....then I go home and drive my GT3 RS and everything magically gets better jk

Really, who cares what anyone thinks? I'm too busy making myself happy to worry about random ******bags at stoplights.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Who cares?

I'd rather have a starter Porsche than a top-of-the-line Chevy or Ford!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !

Old 12-09-2011, 11:23 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Starter Porche??? Thats like saying im not dating the hottest Victoria's Secret Model.......

Hopefully someone says that to me in my "Starter Ferrari" someday too

Old 12-09-2011, 11:43 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
I love my $80k starter Porsche! Even more than my top of the line 3-series (M3) which was $10k less.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Turb-OH Brad has a spectacular aura aboutTurb-OH Brad has a spectacular aura aboutTurb-OH Brad has a spectacular aura about
I know it sounds odd, but I would much rather have a hopped up Cayman (Mezger .1 GT3 RS engine, anyone?) than almost any 911

Old 12-09-2011, 10:03 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
As a former Cayman S and current Carrera S owner this frequently gets brought up from friends and colleagues. I continue to defend the Cayman/ Boxster chassis as the best handling Porsche in the entire lineup, if not ever. Period. The 911 is simply different, and of course, Porsche's halo car.

If Porsche made revolutionary changes instead of evolutionary changes they would have killed the 911 in favor of the Cayman. Accountants still need a paycheck.........

Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Starter Porche??? Thats like saying im not dating the hottest Victoria's Secret Model.......

Hopefully someone says that to me in my "Starter Ferrari" someday too
Good to see you back in a cayman

Old 12-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Maxcmo is infamous around these parts
Starter

Well it really is my starter I should be getting my first one a Cayman R in a couple weeks. Gotta start somewhere!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:24 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
It's always funny to hear guy's justifying the purchase or ownership of their chosen vehicle. It doesn't matter what you drive, someone's going to love it and some are not. You drive what you drive for the reasons you chose to buy it. Drive it, enjoy it - don't justify it. I'm on my 3rd and 4th Porsche. The most fun to drive, by a lot, was my 2000 Base Boxster 2.7. Loose and fast. Drove so much looser and smoother than my S. Nothing beats the enjoyment of driving a Boxster. So well balanced.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:37 AM
StockKiller is infamous around these parts
The Cayman R is a great starter Porsche! As for myself, i bought it as an entry level track car... and after Daytona, starter car my ***! at 165mph and Corvettes all around me i think ive "Started Well".... its a great car...

Old 12-12-2011, 06:40 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I had a '07 Turbo and must say .. I like my Cayman S BE much better for where I live now and my commute .. let the people say what the heck they want ..

Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porschepet
Good to see you back in a cayman
gracias Senor

Old 12-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Jungwook is infamous around these parts
I loved my boxster and awed at 911s back then now i'm so glad i drive a 911. 911 Just better IMHO. Boxster was a starter for me... Truthfully and respectfully.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The "Starter Porsche Comment"