Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport bucket seats for the Cayman, who has them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 09:07 AM
StockKiller is infamous around these parts
Sport bucket seats for the Cayman, who has them?

My car came with the sport seat, but i think i want the sport buckets..
Anybody order them with the cayman? Do you like them, or anybody order another after market seat for tracking?

At Daytona, i was okay in my seat with the seat belt, but i intend on being a very very late breaker once i get comfortable..

Also does the cayman need a cage in the back or roll bar ( or just in general for tracking) for the 6 point harness? Or will a sport bucket seat do the job with a regular seat belt...
thanks...

Old 12-10-2011, 10:51 AM
rubber_ducky is infamous around these parts
You can buy them through any porsche dealership or online at suncoast and the like. Be prepared to fork over lots of dough though.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by StockKiller
My car came with the sport seat, but i think i want the sport buckets..
Anybody order them with the cayman? Do you like them, or anybody order another after market seat for tracking?

At Daytona, i was okay in my seat with the seat belt, but i intend on being a very very late breaker once i get comfortable..

Also does the cayman need a cage in the back or roll bar ( or just in general for tracking) for the 6 point harness? Or will a sport bucket seat do the job with a regular seat belt...
thanks...
We have GT2 Bucket seats on our website here:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//GT2Seats.html

If you would like to run a harness we have a rear harness bar:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//RSSCHB.html

Also need a submount bar:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//BKKIT.html

The Schroth harnesses are backordered right now from our suppliers, however we can get the Factory harnesses from Porsche here:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/6point.html

Please let me know if you are insterested in a package deal, or a shipping quote. We would be more than happy to help you out!

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by StockKiller

thanks...
The answers really depends on what you want out of these events.
I'll first say this, it's not necessity to install sport buckets, harness (you really do need to have HANS at the same time) and rollbar. That said, I would love to have a pair of sport buckets...and harness would be great if I brake so hard that I am spending time/energy keeping myself in the seat.
But for the type (HPDE's) & level (8/10th's max & car goes home in one piece) of driving I do, they are nice to have's and not necessities.

If the car is a dedicated track rat (trailer, R compound, compete in sanctioned events (get $), etc.), then, I would consider those as necessary safety features.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
StockKiller is infamous around these parts
Ryan thanks, yikes those gt2 seats are expensive, i like the harness bar.. got to think about it...
lithium thanks, im gathering info and opinions.. i value the input..