Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Cayman Renderings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by stealthn
Total ripoff of the Toyota Spider...

Imho

you're kidding???

Japenese R & D comprises a camera to see what the Germans/Italians are doing next. their biggest budget item comes up when they can buy that German designed car, and dismantle it to figure things out and photocopy the thing.

Toyota haven't had an orginal design since the 1973 toyota Crown sedan.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:52 PM
TUK
TUK is infamous around these parts
Very cool! More aggressive and less elegant. Something with the door styling bothers me though. But whatever, has to be one of the coolest damn cars on the map right now!

Old 02-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Stephen S is infamous around these parts
Sweeeeet!!!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
fresh Autobild renderings:

according to Autobild, the new Cayman is 25kg lighter and the power figures are:

Cayman 280HP
Cayman-S 330HP
Cayman-R 365HP

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 04-03-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=catchmyshadow;3433468]okay, itīs speculative. they took many design elements from the new boxster, but damn what a gorgeous car!
what u think?
This looks better than the 991. Proportions are correct (hunchback is less pronounced), it looks lean and mean with a tight skin and not bloated. Now if they would just put a nice 997type interior and a turbocharged 4 as standard, we are in business. Awesome!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
fresh Autobild renderings:

according to Autobild, the new Cayman is 25kg lighter and the power figures are:

Cayman 280HP
Cayman-S 330HP
Cayman-R 365HP
I wish they integrate foglights better and DRL strip (or LED strip) more like what you see on Turbo/GTS. Black headlight housing will be a good option but don't think that's been offered in the past.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Enilder
Black headlight housing will be a good option but don't think that's been offered in the past.
The Cayman R has black headlight housings standard.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Shadowboost is infamous around these parts
I'm kind of sad that the Cayman never got the chance to challenge its bigger brother. It has so much potential. Stick a Turbo or GT3 RS engine in there, some wider wheels and tires, reworked suspension, and some aggressive aero bodywork front and rear and it could very well be the fastest Porsche aside from the upcoming 918. What a pity

Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Beautiful, now if only the top folds, it would be my next purchased.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 PM
gonnaget1 is infamous around these parts
so nice --

I love it. So sweet. My neighbors will love it more than my gen 1 CS.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr. Bill
The Cayman R has black headlight housings standard.
Yeah but for non-R models, is there even an option available for this? Cayman R is going to be couple years down the road...

Originally Posted by Shadowboost
I'm kind of sad that the Cayman never got the chance to challenge its bigger brother. It has so much potential. Stick a Turbo or GT3 RS engine in there, some wider wheels and tires, reworked suspension, and some aggressive aero bodywork front and rear and it could very well be the fastest Porsche aside from the upcoming 918. What a pity
http://www.tpcracing.com/products/?idCat=17

Where have you been?
They are well known and I believe they were the first (correct me if I am wrong) one to release the turbo kit for Cayman. There are youtube videos and all and they are jaw dropping!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:21 PM
rob76turbo is infamous around these parts
I like it. Can't wait to see a "R" version.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
According to Autobild, the new Cayman's power figures are:Cayman 280HP, Cayman-S 330HP, Cayman-R 365HP
So they're predicting a Cayman R at launch, or just speculating that may be the HP down the line if Porsche makes another Cayman R?

Also, how accurate have Autobild's predictions been?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hawc
So they're predicting a Cayman R at launch, or just speculating that may be the HP down the line if Porsche makes another Cayman R?

Also, how accurate have Autobild's predictions been?

i don`t know about the Cayman-R but the Power figures for the Cayman and Cayman S should be 1:1. the closer we get to the model launch the more accurate they are.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:18 PM
ronaldvetteron is infamous around these partsronaldvetteron is infamous around these parts
It is a nice evolution. In 2-3 years when they come out with the R, I will be ready to trade my current R. I do hope they do not do the Panamera inspired interior too much. And, they get the electric steering even further refined. So, 2-3 years should be just about right. In the meantime, I will enjoy my R that is already lighter than the S, has the 330 hp, lowered, et al.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayman Renderings