Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing up my current DPE Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
harajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the rough
Changing up my current DPE Wheels

I have been thinking about changing up my current wheels on the car to something different... What do you guys think of something like these..

I would probably sell my current wheels also, so if you are interested please pm, and we can work something out. Here is my current setup.. Brushed lip and silver centers, 20x 8.5 fronts, and 20x11 rears aggressive offset but no rubbing at all. One of the wheel has minor bruise from being curbed but can easily be fixed..

Old 03-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Jay9722 is infamous around these parts
Who makes your vent covers? They look nice.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:26 PM
charles06 is infamous around these parts
I don't think it's enough of a difference to make the change, unless you're saving some weight. What about something without a lip? A lip always makes the wheel look smaller and sunk in, similar to the concave wheels. Concave wheels look like they're colapsing in on themselves to me, like they're scared of the road. I'm trying picture your car with a wheel like the O.Z. Ultraleggerra, or an HRE with a multi-spoke pattern pulled out to the edge of the wheel and fender.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
I agree w/ Charles... those wheels are too similar to your current ones to justify the swap... BTW, I think your current wheels are bad@$$.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
Unless you were planning a different color, actually like your current wheels better. If the new wheels were black with a polished lip... different story.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
OT but what tire sizes are you running bud??

BTW...how is everything Donny?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 AM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
Great looking wheels. GLWS

Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 AM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
They look heavy? Are they?

I'm gonna do the ultraleggeras I think

Old 03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
GSX400 is infamous around these parts
They look nice

Old 03-09-2012, 01:54 AM
986_c6 is infamous around these parts
keep the current wheels

Old 03-09-2012, 11:33 PM
harajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the input guys.. I haven't really decided yet, but have been speaking to DPE, and they might be able to switch out just the centers of the wheel...

Here's another angle of the wheel in question...

Originally Posted by Jay9722
Who makes your vent covers? They look nice.
Jay, they are made by MotorLux but they are no longer in business unfortunately

Originally Posted by TighTT
OT but what tire sizes are you running bud??

BTW...how is everything Donny?
Hey Adam, doing great man! Great to see you posting again haven't seen you on here in a while...

The tires, are... Front 235/30/20 and Rear 285/25/20

Originally Posted by charles06
I don't think it's enough of a difference to make the change, unless you're saving some weight. What about something without a lip? A lip always makes the wheel look smaller and sunk in, similar to the concave wheels. Concave wheels look like they're colapsing in on themselves to me, like they're scared of the road. I'm trying picture your car with a wheel like the O.Z. Ultraleggerra, or an HRE with a multi-spoke pattern pulled out to the edge of the wheel and fender.
I have never been a fan on single piece wheels, always preferred a three piece wheel with a lip.

Originally Posted by ShahulX
They look heavy? Are they?

I'm gonna do the ultraleggeras I think
Not sure on the weight..

Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
whiteout323i is infamous around these parts
How much are you asking for your old DPE setup?

thank you

Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
I personally like your current setup better ,not so busy looking but thats just me .. Your car would look goood with either

Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porschepet
I personally like your current setup better ,not so busy looking but thats just me .. Your car would look goood with either
I agree, the new wheels has too much spokes, looks too busy. I prefer the current wheels.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:50 AM
mister wiggles is infamous around these parts
The current s20's are one of my favorites from DPE. One of their more original designs. the proposed set reminds me of BBS RS' biggie sized.

Consider going full polished?

The drop looks killer. What's the ride sitting on? (im gonna guess KW, they dump **** sleds quite well).

Last edited by mister wiggles; 04-18-2012 at 07:56 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Changing up my current DPE Wheels