Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Official Pic of the Porsche Cayman S!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 03:19 PM
jaewoo0 is infamous around these parts
I like it

Old 05-23-2005, 03:20 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
if they can keep the weight low enough it'll be a real winner.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by jamy85
I like it
I kinda like it to, I just don't understand the need for it, seems to close to the 911 (platform wise), minus rear seats which, even if you don't use on a regular basis is still is a nice thing to have, unless you are a track nut and every pound counts.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
I hate it. I can tell you exactly what it looks like. It looks like a RX8 (roof line), a Toyota MR2 (rear 1/4 panel), and a 911 got together and did the naughty. The result. The Cayman. ****s useless. However, no doubt, they will sell.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:13 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
barf

Old 05-23-2005, 04:14 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
dilute the brand further....way to go Porsche...

Old 05-23-2005, 04:17 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute

Already looking better.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:22 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Just a question, how is this pic official? I can't find any info on Porsche AG's site in germany, not on germancarfans.com or the link supercarsite.net

Old 05-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Mowateriology is infamous around these partsMowateriology is infamous around these parts
i like it
its a cross from the bentley GT and the 997 carrera

Old 05-23-2005, 04:36 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
wow it looks awesome!!

Old 05-23-2005, 05:18 PM
ChosMister is infamous around these parts
PorscheFanatic's version is definately hot...

Old 05-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
I would take a serious look at it, looks fantastic.

Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
I just noticed that there are more and larger pics in the Boxster/Cayman forum, imagine that.

Old 05-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
I'm kinda diggin' it. Of course, I like Felix' version with the larger wheels and spoiler, but that's just you guys and your mod brainwashing speaking!!

Hilarious

Old 05-23-2005, 09:30 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Front 3/4 view is good.

Rear 3/4 view looks like a 996 and 986 had sex.

Side view is just plain hideous.

Can anyone say PROPORTIONAL? Sorry guys, it just doesn't do it for me.

The side view reminds me of this............

I don't simply have my head up my 911's ***. I like the 993, the 996, the 997 (except for the rounded front corners of the hood), the Cayenne and the Boxster.

To me, this Cayman looks like they rushed it to production. Here is my critique:
  • The side profile of the roof (the roof that can be seen above the glass on the side view) is too tall. It should be thinner.
  • The Jetson foglamps don't belong on a Porsche. Large grill openings do.
  • Other than the leading edge, the air intakes behind the doors seem to be "tacked on". They should extend higher and the rear contour should better integrate with the rear wheel arch.
  • The wheels look very J car-ish.
  • THe rear valence treatment, although interesting, also doesn't look Porschesque
  • The wheel arches have an outer flat section that resembles every Nissan made in the past decade.

I will stop there.

PorscheFanatic's post.......

...looks a little better. The roof line, although this is a bad view to judge, will look less "heavy" due to the black. But hey, it is just some goofing around so why bother commenting anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Official Pic of the Porsche Cayman S!!!!!