Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Official Pic of the Porsche Cayman S!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like it. Wait a second.....add 19" HRE's, yellow calipers, PSS9's, Fabiani Bypass pipes and a Techart kit...

I love it!

Old 05-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
Jeez

Originally posted by Life Dies
I hate it. I can tell you exactly what it looks like. It looks like a RX8 (roof line), a Toyota MR2 (rear 1/4 panel), and a 911 got together and did the naughty. The result. The Cayman. ****s useless. However, no doubt, they will sell.
Yeah, a light weight mid-engined go kart with decent power.

Totally useless. (rolling eyes so far up they go back in my head)

Unless you actually like to DRIVE a car instead of pose in it. If Porsche doesn't tie an anchor to it to keep it from flying past 911s, it should be awesome.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:57 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Adrift I'm so down with your arguments, there's only one word.

WERD

Old 05-24-2005, 01:08 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
if you have a new Boxster S

you'll be pissed ......

Old 05-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
Dude, I like it!

Oh yeah, I like this thing! If they do a "club sport" version it will be a real driving machine. Light weight with the power their talking about I think it will be a real handler!

It is interesting how Porsche is filling out their product line here?

If they go through with the GT Coupe/Sedan you will have the; Boxster, Cayman, SUV, 911, and the Carerra. You can buy Porsche as an impecunious young man (well more or less) and when you're married they've got you covered. And then when you're old and gray with bad knee's you are still in their product range.

Old 05-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
I hear that the cayman is supposed to attract a younger audience than the Boxster, but I am not sure that really makes sense. Cheaper rag tops are going to have a younger audience than more expensive coupes. They would need to drop the price point below the Boxster to achieve their aim, IMO.

But regardless of price point, this car could be the new 911, if only they treat it right. Who really uses those excuses for back seats anyway? Give me the extra luggage room of the rear trunk instead. Race it some, give it some street cred, and viola! Instant long-term classic.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
I like it

Old 05-25-2005, 01:15 AM
CABRIO C4 is infamous around these parts
Nice, I like it..

Old 05-25-2005, 09:58 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Old 05-25-2005, 10:31 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
at least for non TT 996/7 owners

the engine cannot easily have a major increase in power of more than circa 20HP without bolting a Turbo or SC to it, believe me I tried with my 996 Cab .....

Old 05-25-2005, 11:07 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Doesnt look half bad!

Old 05-25-2005, 01:06 PM
ljd-924se is infamous around these parts
i'll bet EVO will adapt their 3.4L 911 supercharger kit to the cayman S.

that will wipe the smirks right off those condescending 911 owners.

at the current cost of an EVO SC kit, a supercharged cayman S would still be cheaper than its big brothers, but more powerful than a 997S and lighter than a 997.

dilute the brand?!!! that's a bit too 1930's berlin for me . not that being a "purist" and remaining loyal to the original rear-engined, oil-cooled 911 philosophy is a bad thing.

i believe that a rear-engine platform is better for people who need back seats in their sports cars, and a mid-engine platform suits a driver focused, and less GT oriented, sports car. as with all things, porsche must adapt to its enviroment.

if/when the market agrees and adjusts, you can expect porsche to power the cayman appropriately, which will have the 911 purists singing another tune. until then, we'll have to hope EVO can find room in the cayman's engine compartment for their SC kit.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:45 PM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
With the " encapsulated " Cayman engine with the fully lined /carpeted luggage compartment that extends above it from rear seat back to bumper , how would heat from higher HP versions be vented out, I wonder ?
( ever put your hand over the slotted lid of a 911 after engine shut off ? )

Old 05-30-2005, 11:54 PM
adiaz is infamous around these parts
I really like it, I hope EVO adapts their current SC to this, can you imagine what this car could do with over 400 hp, lightweight, and mid engine handling. Add PSS9's and a Supercharger and it will fly and handle amazingly. However I would still in no way compare it to a Turbo, but give if you figure 60,000 for the Cayman, plus 15k in mods for suspension and supercharger, and that would be one serious ride.