Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche cutting corners by charging to pain parts on 981

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
You'll drive yourself crazy if you try to figure out their pricing structure and options. At the end of the day, I propose you'll just need to look at the bottom line price of what you want and decide whether it's worth it to you. For example, if the base price of the car were $1,920 higher and these parts came painted (with a $0 delete option), we'd probably never notice and wouldn't complain. Pricing is as much about the marketing as it is about what it really costs them for the options.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:27 PM
j080808 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orangecrush
Having said that, I paid the money to have the wings painted on the lower part of the mirrors. In order to paint those wings, you have to remove the mirrors. To remove the mirrors on the new body style, you must pull the glass which means unbolting the outer skin on the door. That’s too much work on a brand spanking new car.
Mark
Mark-My Panamera wings are held in with one or two torx screws and popped right out, lets hope the 981's are the same. Dont quote me, but since my Panamera had puddle lamps, this may be the reason for easy removal, to change the bulb. I ordered my Guards red today and it should arrive about the same time as yours. If you are spraying Guards, can I ship my wings and a couple other items to you? Shoot me a PM!

Thanks

Edit-totally different mirror assembly, looks like mine are staying black!

Last edited by j080808; 05-26-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:44 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by j080808
Mark-My Panamera wings are held in with one or two torx screws and popped right out, lets hope the 981's are the same. Dont quote me, but since my Panamera had puddle lamps, this may be the reason for easy removal, to change the bulb. I ordered my Guards red today and it should arrive about the same time as yours. If you are spraying Guards, can I ship my wings and a couple other items to you? Shoot me a PM!

Thanks

Edit-totally different mirror assembly, looks like mine are staying black!
Yeah, I was going to say that I thought the new mirrors are different. Having said that, I don’t mind painting some trim for you. I’m going to have to mix the paint anyways so a bit more isn’t a big deal. (of course, some of my red tints are about 400 per quart....lol)

Let me know, I can tint, paint and wetsand and buff within 2-3 days.

Mark