Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First intro, ordered my first Porsche, 2013 Boxster S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:28 PM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orangecrush
Good choice... I added the 500 partial leather! Thanks for that.
You're welcome. I spent many hours slaving over the configurator and abusing my salesman while configuring my 981 . My yellow 981 is built (5/4) and should be on the ship soon; when she's here I can come and visit but can't take her home until 6/30 (at least officially anyway)

Old 05-21-2012, 06:31 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by qhb
You're welcome. I spent many hours slaving over the configurator and abusing my salesman while configuring my 981 . My yellow 981 is built (5/4) and should be on the ship soon; when she's here I can come and visit but can't take her home until 6/30 (at least officially anyway)

How long is on the ship? A couple of weeks, no? If so, why the wait till the end of June?

Mark

Old 05-21-2012, 06:33 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Just out of curiosity... how many of you ordered the crest in the headrest? I love the embossing but does it come off as arrogant? (in a too showy sense?)

Mark

Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 PM
qhb
How long is on the ship? A couple of weeks, no? If so, why the wait till the end of June?

Mark
The boat ride is 2 to 4 weeks. North America launch date is June 30 so the car will be built, shipped and then just sit until the release date.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Just out of curiosity... how many of you ordered the crest in the headrest? I love the embossing but does it come off as arrogant? (in a too showy sense?)

Mark

I got them. I had them in my 997 and my wife has them in her Cayenne. They look great and are actually (in the Porsche world) inexpensive.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by caveatesq
I got them. I had them in my 997 and my wife has them in her Cayenne. They look great and are actually (in the Porsche world) inexpensive.
Though they’re not in this option list, I am getting them. But I’m done... I’ve done all I want to do.

Category Order no. Description MSRP*
Packages P91 Infotainment Package with BOSE®
Surround Sound System $3,860

P94 Premium Package $3,760

Exterior Colors 4V Convertible Top in Black $0

G1 Guards Red $0

Interior Colors AS Leather package with partial leather seats Black $500

Exterior 498 Deletion of Model Designation $0

603 Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with Porsche
Dynamic Light System (PDLS) $0

748 Electrically folding exterior mirrors $320

CNL Wing mirror (lower part) painted Exclusive $605

Performance XLF Sports exhaust system Exclusive $2,825

Wheels 423 20-inch Carrera S wheel $1,560

Wheel Accessories 446 Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest $185

Interior 541 Seat ventilation $730

630 Light design package $340

P06 Sports seats, electrical (14-way) with memory package $0

Interior Leather 844 Multi-function steering wheel $615

980 Leather package $0

Z-Options
Category Order no. Description MSRP*
Stitching 25081 Stitching of Seat in deviating thread $710
Guards Red
MSRP $76,910

When I get the car in, I’m going to the following myself.

1) powder coat wheels with red pinstripe

2) paint rollbar

3) paint air intake on qtr panel

4) paint washer squirters.

I’ve decided to pass on the PASM and sport chrono. The chrono seems to be best on a PDK system and the PASM might be better but my track days are getting fewer and fewer.

Thanks for everyone’s help. MUCH APPRECIATED...

Mark

Old 05-21-2012, 08:46 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
The embossed headrest crests are on the configurator under "Interior Leather". They are $285.

When is you car scheduled to be built? My is set for mid-July and my dealer told me a few days ago that my order is locked and I can make no further changes.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by caveatesq
The embossed headrest crests are on the configurator under "Interior Leather". They are $285.

When is you car scheduled to be built? My is set for mid-July and my dealer told me a few days ago that my order is locked and I can make no further changes.

I don’t yet... all I know it’s going to be a looong 2-3 months.

Mark

Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
I did.
I have it on my 987 as well and I wanted to keep it on the 981. The crest really blends into the design and looks like a standard feature that "have always been there".
Having the crest on the center console (another option) however looks a bit more like it's "added as an afterthought", I don't fancy that option as much.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Kelderek
I did.
I have it on my 987 as well and I wanted to keep it on the 981. The crest really blends into the design and looks like a standard feature that "have always been there".
Having the crest on the center console (another option) however looks a bit more like it's "added as an afterthought", I don't fancy that option as much.

Agree... sometimes too much is just too much.

Mark

Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 AM
PASM added....

BUT I AM DONE!!

NO MORE!!!

Mark

Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 AM
qhb
I know you can't resist.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
StockKiller is infamous around these parts
Your gonna have a lot of fun with the car... My favorite. Was getting 2 tickets right away.. Day 3 then day 24.. Ahhh I remember it like it was yesterday...lol...

Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
shineman is infamous around these parts

I’ve decided to pass on the PASM and sport chrono. The chrono seems to be best on a PDK system and the PASM might be better but my track days are getting fewer and fewer.

Thanks for everyone’s help. MUCH APPRECIATED...

Mark
With the 981, the Sport Chrono includes dynamic transmission mounts. This decreases engine vibration and torque steer. To me it makes the Sport Chrono a must for the first time.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
From a Cayman S owner and a MINI JCW owner don't forget to order the short shift kit.