Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Touch Up Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 AM
cremaley is infamous around these parts
Interior Touch Up Paint

Name:  IMGP0269-1.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  140.5 KB

Purchased this 08 Cayman S last December. Its Basalt Black Metallic with Sand Beige interior. Since that time I have been searching for interior touch up paint. As we all know Porsche does not make interior paint so I contacted a body shop I have used in the past and they told me they only have exterior paint. I recently changed out a piece of interior trim and tossed the old piece in the garage. The other day I was on my way to Home Depot to buy paint for my home office and I saw the old trim piece on my workbench. I decided to take it with me to see if Home Depot could match the color. To my amazement, they did. Using a small pointed brushed, I dabbed paint into the three small chips until they were filled. The color match was perfect and you cannot see where I did the touch up. For those of you who have Sand Beige interiors, the color code at Home Depot is 697912143052. If your interior is a different color, you will some how have to get a small sample to give to Home Depot so they can scan it to match the color.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 AM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the information. This color code was an exact match for my 997 Sand Beige interior! I gave you a rep point.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:10 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
going to Home Depot today. Thanks for the info!!!!!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 PM
franks997 is infamous around these parts
What finish and make: latex, behr, satin, semi gloss?

Thanks

I dont have enough posts to PM.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Not sure what brand paint but its the same finish as the interior paint in my Cayman S which happens to be Sand Beige. Its a perfect match.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:40 PM
idivemike is infamous around these parts
do you have any pictures of the repairs?

Old 03-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by idivemike
do you have any pictures of the repairs?
By repairs I assume you mean where I used the touch up paint. I don't but when I get a chance I will take some and post them.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Ken1.9 is infamous around these parts
The small lid over the compartment that contains the cigarette lighter was dinged up on my car. I removed the lid to determine what I could do to it and noticed the paint was "soft" on top and that had allowed the ring on my finger to scratch it. I tried rubbing some to see how soft it was and found using my fingernail I was able to peel off all of the paint and I was left with a hard surface in the Sand Beige color. I'm leaving it that way and you would have a hard time seeing the difference.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:57 PM
BR_
BR_ is infamous around these parts
I didn't see anyone respond on the type of finish as asked by Franks997. Satin seems about right. Is that what you got? I assume Behr and latex since that's Home Depot's biggest seller.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Satin would be correct.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Quattrosaint is infamous around these parts
I just did mine over the weekend, Im please with the results. I posted on Plantet-9 with before vs after pics.

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-b...on-thread.html

Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Nice work Quattrosaint. It looks like it was perfect match.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:09 AM
TimD is just really niceTimD is just really niceTimD is just really niceTimD is just really niceTimD is just really nice
Quattro , looks like you used a different paint code than the one in this thread and your paint was flat not satin. The code on your bottle on Planet Nine seams different.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Quattrosaint is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Nice work Quattrosaint. It looks like it was perfect match.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by TimD
Quattro , looks like you used a different paint code than the one in this thread and your paint was flat not satin. The code on your bottle on Planet Nine seams different.
It appears that flat matte and satin are the same in certain paint manufactures and the paint code is different depending on the brand.

Last edited by Quattrosaint; 05-02-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:30 AM
TimD is just really niceTimD is just really niceTimD is just really niceTimD is just really niceTimD is just really nice
Quattro , thanks for the reply. When my Cayman needs a touch up I'll know what to do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interior Touch Up Paint