Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official 981 on order thread... chime in.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:51 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
I love the light color interior. However, I went with black because this will be my daily driver. I take extra care of my interiors but I could see that beautiful color getting dirty fast. I hope I’m not making a mistake.

Mark

Old 06-17-2012, 08:39 AM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I think more two tone options that would seem to be more popular imho like black/red over strange choices like orange/grey and lime/grey should've been offered. A black interior with red seats and red hoops and a black steering wheel and a red/black interior door trim would look great imho. I also think the gt2 seats that were available in the spyder and CR should've been offered too.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:07 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hakaida
I think more two tone options that would seem to be more popular imho like black/red over strange choices like orange/grey and lime/grey should've been offered. A black interior with red seats and red hoops and a black steering wheel and a red/black interior door trim would look great imho. I also think the gt2 seats that were available in the spyder and CR should've been offered too.
I did the black with the red hoops and red stitching on the seats. That was the extent of red on the interior.

I can tell you what I was told. They will be an option but not till later, I think October I was told. I sat in a GT2 seat and if this was my track car, definitely. I don’t think they’re very useful for a daily driver. (not to mention the constant sliding over the bolster would no doubt in my mind, wear the shiet out of the leather)

Mark

Old 06-17-2012, 12:11 PM
wesker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orangecrush
I love the light color interior. However, I went with black because this will be my daily driver. I take extra care of my interiors but I could see that beautiful color getting dirty fast. I hope I’m not making a mistake.

Mark
Yeah the light color interior looks good, however I have the same concerns that I run the risk of getting it dirty so therefore, extra care needs to be taken, which can be annoying since its an expensive car.

However, it will not be my daily driver. So it is fine for me to go with beige.

Don't get me wrong though. I absolutely love the black interior. It is very sporty and easier to maintain. This is my second car I will be ordering with a beige interior and it was a tough decision to go for it again.

But because it looks like a mini ferrari with this color option. I just HAD to go with it. It looks more expensive and matches the yellow calipers, which I absolutely wanted.

Don't worry about your choice. It will look stunning either way.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:12 PM
shineman is infamous around these parts
981S with July 12 completion date.

White with two tone full leather Agate Grey/ Pebble Grey
Infotainment/ Premium Pkgs
Rollbar in Aluminum look
Delete model designation
Bi-Xenon
Exterior painted package
Headlight cleaning system covers painted
PTV
PASM
Sport Chrono
PSE
20 inch Carrera Classic wheel
Colored Wheel caps
Seat ventilation
Smoking package
Adaptive sport seats
Multi-function steering wheel

I have had two cars with light colored interiors and it has never been a problem. I like the look of the two tone interior and I expect it to keep it cooler in the summer.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by shineman
and I expect it to keep it cooler in the summer.
Now, THAT is a good enough reason to go with a lighter color interior... One thing that will help is I ordered vented seats. (as you have)

It can get hot in the Carolina's.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes, the ligt color interior definitely keeps the car cooler. I have a light interior Cayenne and even with the dog, it never looks bad. Of course, my wife is obsessive about keeping the car clean.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, the ligt color interior definitely keeps the car cooler. I have a light interior Cayenne and even with the dog, it never looks bad. Of course, my wife is obsessive about keeping the car clean.

That's actually the reason I passed on the lighter color. I own a body shop and have two miniature dachshunds. By the end of the day, they've rolled in every freakin' piece of dust they can find.

I just figured for sure the interior would look like crap.

However, it's probably pretty unlikely those two mutts will be allowed to set paw into my new car...lol.

Mark

And that goes for my wife too!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by orangecrush
And that goes for my wife too!!!
That was one of several reasons I went with the 6 speed.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:57 PM
That was one of several reasons I went with the 6 speed.

Smart man...

Mark

Old 06-18-2012, 04:28 PM
jsprague is infamous around these parts
Option opinions

For those with your 981 on order (or delivered ) Why did you chose the option set you did?

I'm thinking about getting a 981 with manual transmission but am unsure which options to get..

PASM? (this one sounds pretty good according to the PASM thread)
PTV? (As another poster wrote, wtf?)
Sports Chrono? (Seems less important in a manual where trans settings are not in play?)
Seats? (any opinions on one seat being more comfortable)
Park sensors any good?
Other options, Nav, Bose, Convenience etc..

Thanks!!

Old 06-18-2012, 05:57 PM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jsprague
For those with your 981 on order (or delivered ) Why did you chose the option set you did?

I'm thinking about getting a 981 with manual transmission but am unsure which options to get..

PASM? (this one sounds pretty good according to the PASM thread)
PTV? (As another poster wrote, wtf?)
Sports Chrono? (Seems less important in a manual where trans settings are not in play?)
Seats? (any opinions on one seat being more comfortable)
Park sensors any good?
Other options, Nav, Bose, Convenience etc..

Thanks!!
If money is no objects then check all except for Power Steering Plus

But as a mininum do get
PASM; magic suspension, good stuffs.
Heated Seats and Wind Deflector; get them either ala cart or with Convenience or Premium Package. Since you're in Hermosa Beach you will need it. (I live in Huntington Beach and work by LAX so I know your weather well)

I don't care much for these two performance options, others may argued
PTV; Porsche Torque Vectoring, it brakes inside wheel when you turn to help you rotate and it also has mechanically controlled differential lock.
Sports Chrono; great for PDK but I don't think it worth it for 6SP M/T. Some may argue that the active transmission mount is cool but ...

Last edited by qhb; 06-18-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by qhb
If money is no objects then check all except for Power Steering Plus

But as a mininum do get
PASM; magic suspension, good stuffs.
Heated Seats and Wind Deflector; get them either ala cart or with Convenience or Premium Package. Since you're in Hermosa Beach you will need it. (I live in Huntington Beach and work by LAX so I know your weather well)

I don't care much for these two performance options, others may argued
PTV; Porsche Torque Vectoring, it brakes inside wheel when you turn to help you rotate and it also has mechanically controlled differential lock.
Sports Chrono; great for PDK but I don't think it worth it for 6SP M/T. Some may argue that the active transmission mount is cool but ...

From what I’ve read, then the Chrono package is worth it. I personally wasn’t totally sure and at that point, 2K extra wasn’t going to make a difference and unfortunately it’s one of those things, get it now or not at all... it can’t be added cheaply later.

Mark

Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 PM
CURVN8R is infamous around these parts
Build date of June 30 for my Boxster S - hope to receive it in Atlanta before the end of July. This is my dream car - so it is pretty loaded:
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System
Premium Package
Convertible Top in Black
Agate Grey Metallic
Leather interior in special color Agate Grey
Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Sport Chrono Package i.c.w.
PCM 20-inch Carrera S wheel
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
Seat ventilation
Smoking package
Light design package
Sports seats, electrical (14-way) with memory package
SportDesign steering wheel
Porsche crest embossed on head restraints Exclusive
Porsche Sport Exhaust

This waiting is killing me!

Cheers!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:04 PM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
CURVN8R -- Very nice and yes very loaded. Congrats and yes the wait is, as Porsche put it, part of your "Extraordinary purchase experience"

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...NEWS/120629968

Last edited by qhb; 06-21-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Add link

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 981 on order thread... chime in.